Lt. Commander
# 21
03-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
Still, the story will compensate for that
DA2's story isn't as well done as DA:O and no amount of cutscenes make mediocre gameplay less mediocre. The story in DA2 is disjointed, forced, and ham-fisted.

I wanted to lend the devs at Bioware copies of Rashomon and Pulp Fiction if they want non-linear narrative done right.

I'm really suprised since I'm normally a Bioware fan-boy since their days back with Interplay.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-11-2011, 03:20 PM
One thing that I personally find dubious is how Bioware has claimed that there'll be a 'Companion' system.

And, if I'm not mistaken, that claim came hot on the heals of STO doing it's Bridge Officer system.

I just can't shake this feeling that TOR isn't going to be good as Bioware is shaping it up to be. It looks like an action RPG, or something like KOTOR, but they're wanting to make an MMO out of this?
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-11-2011, 06:24 PM
actually, thank you guys for posting this up. It lead to a line of dialogue with a buddy of mine of voice chat that found me a emu server of Galaxies in it's pre-NGE awesome state. Viva la CE!
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanPhsyco
One thing that I personally find dubious is how Bioware has claimed that there'll be a 'Companion' system.

And, if I'm not mistaken, that claim came hot on the heals of STO doing it's Bridge Officer system.
To be fair, I think it was the other way around, but both did surface in a very close timeframe.

I'll definitely try out TOR. I love Star Wars, and have enjoyed many games in the universe - including KOTOR, which I absolutely loved. It looks like there will be an engaging story, and a very cinematic feel to it all. I'm just a little worried about the 'MMO' aspect to it, or potential lack thereof. It seems very single player oriented from what's been shown so far.

I suppose only time will tell, but nothing about TOR has blown me away at all, yet.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-11-2011, 07:41 PM
"There's no place in the galaxy to hide from my ROTH..."

What? Like Diamond David Lee "bozie-bop" Roth?

...meh...

I'm rather sad at how much I'm over Star Wars. It used to be on par with how much I like Trek, but it's been in slow decline since TPM. At this point, the magic of Star Wars is gone for me, and if SW was a person, it'd be like an annoying little kid who keeps trying to do things to attract the attention of a "kewl" crowd who really don't have anything in common with him, nor a nich for him in their group.

Lt. Commander
# 26
03-11-2011, 08:15 PM
I still can't figure out a way to generate any enthusiasm for ToR....As much as I love Bioware...I just can't seem to care about ToR.

Oh wait. I know why. Lucas Arts and Julio Torres ****ed me off.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-11-2011, 08:20 PM
If I can play as an HK droid, sign me up.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Still looks like it will have good cutscenes combined with terrible gameplay.

Remember my review of Final Fantasy XIV? I don't expect it to be THAT bad, but that is about what I am expecting. I am expecting there to be an amazing cutscene, play WoW with lasers for a couple minutes, then get another cutscene where my character is doing all sorts of crazy awesome scripted stuff, then back to plodding around like the space wizard or tank I am.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-11-2011, 08:50 PM
I would consider playing only if there was available Family Guy character costumes.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-11-2011, 09:11 PM
The trailer was over-hyped to be honest, nothing "OMG" about it from my point of view.