Lt. Commander
# 31
03-12-2011, 06:22 AM
I'm not going to waste my time with it. Tho I suppose if someone offered me a trial key or something...I'd check it out....but I seriously doubt I'd spend any money on it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-12-2011, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmD-daVg55k

hers some real mission gameplay footage...

Well i never was hyped about swtor to begin with... and this just looks to me like... dare i say it: "Wow in space".

Yeah burn me for it... I think it looks like that... and the graphics.. well ST:O certainly doesn't look worse.

So the only thing thats left that speaks for swtor are the VO/cutscenes and the SW theme and probably the stroy. Everything else -> run of the mill mmo stuff.

Edit: Forgot of course it looks like it will have a better craftign system in place, but how much better needs to be seen.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-12-2011, 11:56 AM
I fail to see how or why this game is an MMO.

I loved KOTR but I really don't want to pay a sub for something that really looks like a single player game. I haven't seen anything in the trailers or articles that would lead me to believe its worth a subscription every month. Am I missing something here?
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
I fail to see how or why this game is an MMO.

I loved KOTR but I really don't want to pay a sub for something that really looks like a single player game. I haven't seen anything in the trailers or articles that would lead me to believe its worth a subscription every month. Am I missing something here?
fail to see... i dont see whats hard to see about why it is an mmo. A mmo is a Massively Multiplayer Online game.. in which it is. Its game that thousands can play at the same time.

you dont want to pay for a game thats like a single player game... hate to break it to you but a good chunk of sto is single player, I never had to group up for any content other then stf's,pvp,fleet actions. Iam sure youll be able to do the same in TOR. Only instances I can forsee that you wont be able to group up is the space content, which iam really sad about due to iam a huge space pilot fan.. only real issue I have atm with TOR.

I see alot of things in this game that are worthy for a sub. More I can say for that game then this. Also... we arnt seeing a good chunk of this game yet. The game has been in the works since what.. 2008, maybe abit earlier. Iam sure theres LOADS more content in TOR then there is in STO... so I ask you, why are you sub'd to this game lol.

That lastest youtube clip... iam sorry but iam really liking what i see, weapons get holstered on the characters which is awsome! I love the voice over work. Customization in the game seems to be almost limitless. I love the tactics that are involved. I see great things for this game. And this content will be ready for launch... day 1 for the game... iam sure space will be looked at down the road and other things will be improved just like things for STO have been improved. Yes it may look like a WoW game, and as much as I didnt enjoy WoW, mostly due to the fact its swords,shields,ect... this looks awsome! And nothing has been stated yet was the sub prices are for this game, but if you have a game with more content then what sto has and sto is charging 15 bucks a hit a month for cstore stuff each month... yeah... iam going to go with something other.

CANT WAIT!
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
*sinp*
I really comes down to not seeing any of the multiplayer aspects talked about in the trailers and articles I've seen. From what ive seen its all been look at our voice acting, environments, or clips with single character classes and granted I don't follow the game religiously but I do keep fairly up on it.

I was originally really excited for this game because again I loved KOTOR and like star wars games in general but as release has gotten closer and closer ive become less and less interested. It started with the space combat reveal, then the emphasis on production values over gameplay and now with the lack of any real mention of online aspects. The youtube clip a few posts back was pretty much the first time I had heard of anything in depth online interaction wise about the game.

Please don't get defensive about your enthusiasm about the game with all the instant comparisons to STO, Im not comparing them even though people seem to instantly think Im a total STO fanboy and hate Star Wars because of my issues with TOR.

I just really fail to see why this game is an MMO..with the amount of money and time poured into it It seems like it would of been a much better Dragon Age style RPG and in stead it just seems like the MMO elements are tacked on in order to sell a sub. The sense that I have of this game is that its going to have a really good "WOW" (excitement, not the game) factor witch will quickly peter off for me.

I'm still interested because the game looks good, it just dosent look as good as it was initially hyped up to be, at least to me.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
I really comes down to not seeing any of the multiplayer aspects talked about in the trailers and articles I've seen. From what ive seen its all been look at our voice acting, environments, or clips with single character classes and granted I don't follow the game religiously but I do keep fairly up on it.

I was originally really excited for this game because again I loved KOTOR and like star wars games in general but as release has gotten closer and closer ive become less and less interested. It started with the space combat reveal, then the emphasis on production values over gameplay and now with the lack of any real mention of online aspects. The youtube clip a few posts back was pretty much the first time I had heard of anything in depth online interaction wise about the game.

Please don't get defensive about your enthusiasm about the game with all the instant comparisons to STO, Im not comparing them even though people seem to instantly think Im a total STO fanboy and hate Star Wars because of my issues with TOR.

I just really fail to see why this game is an MMO..with the amount of money and time poured into it It seems like it would of been a much better Dragon Age style RPG and in stead it just seems like the MMO elements are tacked on in order to sell a sub. The sense that I have of this game is that its going to have a really good "WOW" (excitement, not the game) factor witch will quickly peter off for me.

I'm still interested because the game looks good, it just dosent look as good as it was initially hyped up to be, at least to me.
Yeah space combat really hit me hard. Its the one thing I love about any sort of startrek or starwars mmo. The ability to fly in space, like the good old days in swg. There was a pvp video awile back, not sure if you seen it, but it was pretty decent. Not as long as the latest vid.

Ohh Iam not getting defensive just trying to give you some "light" on the issue between your aligations of TOR not being an mmo game, which it is. They to me have kinda kept the game in a dark light when it comes to updates on the site. Ive mostly seen stories of whats going on.. which really dont intrigue me, and also dev created content pictures/designs. They really have kept things.. in reguards to actual in game activity pretty hush hush.. and it kinda intrigues me. I feel they dont want people going nuts.. yet, and are holding the good stuff till later.. or before launch. Will have to see.

I do think this will be a different type MMO then Iam use to, I recall in the video the guy mentioning its going to be a story driven mmo. I think itll be along the lines of the Kotor series, which youll be able to group up ect. But the thing that some forget is that.. things always change after launch. Like here in STO, people suggest good ideas and the dev team wll most likely make those changes for the game. So we might not have alot of the key things we would want it to have or would like.. but dosnt mean it wont.

Again.. we havent seen alot of what the game has to offer. I think the money they are pooring into the game and the times they prosponed this game, heck I joined the forums back in 08.. so ive been following this puppy for sometime. Bioware is known to make quality games, and I think this will be there gold nugget. We can only hope

So far I love the ground combat, crafting seems pretty interesting, not sure if I like the idea of a AFK type crafting where you can log out and have things continue to be done when your not there. But that may be required that some items might take longer then 20 seconds to craft.. which is really cool in my books. I remember the days in swg, gathering top notch supplies took days..weeks, even months. In any event, ill be waiting for the collectors edition for this game, and hopefully another lifetime sub which I hope they have.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Keeping the gameplay tightly under wraps with all the other information they have been dumping out from this game would really worry me.

See, what the trailers and such are making this game look like to me is an interactive movie. That is you watch all the cool stuff happen in a cutscene, then walk to the next cutscene, then have a pre-scripted fight with a cutscene intro and outro, then we walk to another cutscene.

Meanwhile everything I have seen from the combat engine makes the character fights at least seem like a rehash of WoW. I remember that one fight video where the dev says 'See this guy here the armor keeps the bad guy's aggro while the jedi here heals him'. Seriously swap out Jedi with Cleric and you have WoW or any other fantasy MMO out there.

So yes, it will have MMO components. But what it is looking to me is WoW with lasers and more cutscenes and Star Fox in space. While this could be a fun combination, a trip to Noah's Park could be fun as well. But in both cases, I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
I did chortle when the one dude wtfpwned the Jawa.