Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
03-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Attack Patter Omega is **** aside from tractor/movement immunity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
03-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I changed my position. Nerf the blasted thing.
LOL!!! That is always your position.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
03-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Attack Patter Omega is **** aside from tractor/movement immunity.
Movement and defense buff are nice. Attack buff isn't as good as it sounds. APO is basically a smallish increase to a lot a lot of different things. I'ts not ****, but at the same time APO1 isn't as good as a Lt Cmdr. sci slot. Biggest reason to use APO3 IMHO is when you're running a FAW escort and don't need to worry about losing CRF3/CSV3 (assuming here FAW escorts become viable again after the changes hit live)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
03-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Movement and defense buff are nice. Attack buff isn't as good as it sounds. APO is basically a smallish increase to a lot a lot of different things. I'ts not ****, but at the same time APO1 isn't as good as a Lt Cmdr. sci slot. Biggest reason to use APO3 IMHO is when you're running a FAW escort and don't need to worry about losing CRF3/CSV3 (assuming here FAW escorts become viable again after the changes hit live)
I dunno. I got popped fairly easily once focused like in every other ship I've flown. I'll consider something OPed when I am getting hit by 2-3 ships and not losing hull and shields in an escort.

And I still think the arena maps at times picks which team is going to win.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
03-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Movement and defense buff are nice. Attack buff isn't as good as it sounds. APO is basically a smallish increase to a lot a lot of different things. I'ts not ****, but at the same time APO1 isn't as good as a Lt Cmdr. sci slot. Biggest reason to use APO3 IMHO is when you're running a FAW escort and don't need to worry about losing CRF3/CSV3 (assuming here FAW escorts become viable again after the changes hit live)
Dude, i will never be able to take anything you say about this game seriously. You and a select few of your buddies are just straight exploiters. I sure didn't see you complaining about FAW3 being OP, oh no it was your super secret squirrel power right? The BOP has universal BOFF slots, Battlecloak, and the best turn rate in the game. All the BS you just spewed is nothing but opinion. If the MVAM escort is "so" OP so is the Nebula and the Excelsior considering they have the same style of BOFF slots. You just cant stand the fact that a fed escort can counter your battlecloak now if the escort is setup right. Isn't that the crux of this matter? Quit deflecting and say what you really mean.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
03-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrey77 View Post
Dude, i will never be able to take anything you say about this game seriously. You and a select few of your buddies are just straight exploiters. I sure didn't see you complaining about FAW3 being OP, oh no it was your super secret squirrel power right? The BOP has universal BOFF slots, Battlecloak, and the best turn rate in the game. All the BS you just spewed is nothing but opinion. If the MVAM escort is "so" OP so is the Nebula and the Excelsior considering they have the same style of BOFF slots. You just cant stand the fact that a fed escort can counter your battlecloak now if the escort is setup right. Isn't that the crux of this matter? Quit deflecting and say what you really mean.
Agree totally with ya what i see is a small group of bop fliers that see a ship that will give them a run for there money so they are trying to do what ever they can to kill it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
03-12-2011, 04:10 PM
I dont really give a **** because this isnt going to change anything in regards to us stomping fleet teams. If anything it will make them a little closer and a bit more intense.

However, it is flat out better than a bird though, and is just further love for Feddies when it isnt needed. They have the best cruiser (Star cruiser), best sci ship(s) and now the best escort. So better in healing, debuffing and damage.

Overall, Im more so upset that something unique from a klingon standpoint is taken again making me ask myself "why not just play feds". .....or better yet "Why am I still playing this game?".

Battle cloak is nice, but worth having worse offense and defense?

Also, APO is poop even with FAW. Beta III ftw.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
03-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post
  • BoP gets a Cloak, MVAM gets to have to pets
  • BoP gets 11 BO slots for universal, MVAM gets 12 and are hard fixed.
  • MVAM has near or better turn/inertia, as a BoP, when separated


The similarities stop there. MVAM gets lots more hull, little bit more shields and an extra rear weapons slot. Like i said previously, i cannot explain why that is so. For a ship that is less than the sum of its whole, MVAM, is better than a ship that is whole, BoP, and cannot split....yet was always heavily armed and armored!!

It seems clear that the Hull variance needs to be corrected by either uping the BoP's or by lowering the MVAM's.
It also seems clear that the BoP needs to regain its rear weapon slot or the MVAM loses theirs....or the BoP gets an innate increase in its defense value to make up for a loss in aft weapons.
which ever way you cut it, the newer ships are making the older ones obsolete and there is NO EFFORT to remake the older ones VIABLE STILL!!!
Quote:
You just cant stand the fact that a fed escort can counter your battle cloak now if the escort is setup right. Isn't that the crux of this matter? Quit deflecting and say what you really mean.
Quote:
Agree totally with ya what i see is a small group of bop fliers that see a ship that will give them a run for there money so they are trying to do what ever they can to kill it.
You guys are missing the point of the fact. Can you comprehend the first quoted summary? Furthermore, i fly fed and a science ship or Cruiser and rarely do much with my BoP....so i am not part of the small BoP fliers remark. The ship has an advantage that shouldn't intentionally be there. You either down-grade the MVAM a bit or you adjust up the BoP a bit to keep it on equal grounds. The issue isn't about BO layout or special powers.

Hurley is right! AP-Omega 3 sucks as a Cmdr spot and is only useful if you are doing all beams-escort. If memory serves me right AP-Beta 3 and CRF 2 is a better combo using cannons/turrets.
Nagorak also pointed out that the cost for using torpedos 1-3, HYT-1 is the best bang for the buck since it gets damage, low tier BO slot and quick reuse time. HYT 2 being the next best. the base damage for Photon-quantum is 223% damage, while HYT 2 is 255% and HYT 3 is 292% damage increase. small increase in damage for such a high tiered skill. This plays a point in using AP-O 3 so high and using AP-O 1 for the movement immunity.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
03-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrey77 View Post
Dude, i will never be able to take anything you say about this game seriously. You and a select few of your buddies are just straight exploiters. I sure didn't see you complaining about FAW3 being OP, oh no it was your super secret squirrel power right?
Pre-nerf I stated many times on these forums that FAW was slightly OP. And I stopped using it the moment Snix confirmed it was broken. It's still a shame that the beam escort died that day and the new changes coming out to FAW will be interesting and hopefully rectify that.

Right now I fly a space hippo and a lion fish on my Klink toons, although the Kar'fi is more of a test and I'll probably respec that char to a BoP sometime in the future. I'm currently leveling up a fed sci to put in an MVAM because of the OPness, but that's not going to stop me from calling a spade a spade.

As far as Kharn and other "small circle of exploiting BoP players" go, the fact the we agree here speaks volumes given our thorny past. And you'd better believe that all the escort players in Kharn's fed fleet are flying MVAMs by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrey77 View Post
If the MVAM escort is "so" OP so is the Nebula and the Excelsior considering they have the same style of BOFF slots.
You said it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrey77 View Post
You just cant stand the fact that a fed escort can counter your battlecloak now if the escort is setup right. Isn't that the crux of this matter? Quit deflecting and say what you really mean
Cloaking is for the weak.

Oh, and why do you have a picture of minimax as your avatar? That's just weird. My pic from the same thread is much, much, sexier :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
03-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Totally overpowered.

What i can't understand is devs saying oh we nerfed the voquv because we didn't want to make it the only option for Klingons.
Then you basically went ahead and made an escort that is the only option for federation. Nice.


What i also can't understand is why are federation ships getting way more options in the form of LTC BO powers outside their respective ship roles.

Eg Excelsior has LTC TAC, Vulcan sci ship has LTC ENG, and now this AE with LTC SCI.

This has slowly piece by piece taking away the slim advantage of universal BO slots that the bird once had.

Seems now like every new ship cryptic release on federation side they keep getting better and better, you guys need to take a step back and take a good long hard look at what your plans are for FvK balance and adjust the ships accordingly.

Also why are all the federation cstore ships all full of win and klingon ones like Guramba full of fail?

Where's my cstore guramba with 1 Ensign tactical; 1 Lieutenant Tactical; 1 Commander Tactical; 1 Lieutenant Science; 1 Lieutenant Commander Engineering and nine console modifications (3 Engineering, 2 Science, 4 Tactical) turn rate of 42 with instant fire lance that does 15k per hit?

Right now don't even both holding any official PVP tourney with any kind of prizes anytime soon, there is no point in any competent team even playing KDF side. All the best ships and setups are with the federation. The Tourney would be FvF Federation online.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:50 PM.