Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Yes it is sad but true MMO players are fairly famous for being shallow enough to not like playing ugly races, or to even having them around. Lets face it (and pray) that it don't get much uglier then Pakleds.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2011, 11:55 AM
I don't mind the pakleds I think they look kinda cool in the armor lol. The Rigilians bug me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin View Post
Yes it is sad but true MMO players are fairly famous for being shallow enough to not like playing ugly races, or to even having them around. Lets face it (and pray) that it don't get much uglier then Pakleds.
Frankly, I think MMO players like ugly races but only when that ugly is carried to a fun extreme.

IMHO, City of Heroes kinda had it right by having a HUGE bodytype in addition to males and females and Gorn and Pakleds would benefit from the more monstrous/large body as an option.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Frankly, I think MMO players like ugly races but only when that ugly is carried to a fun extreme.

IMHO, City of Heroes kinda had it right by having a HUGE bodytype in addition to males and females and Gorn and Pakleds would benefit from the more monstrous/large body as an option.
I think that option would be good although I'm sure some one could do it in the alien creator I'm just not that dedicated to tweak a toon that long to get it lol.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckeon
I think that option would be good although I'm sure some one could do it in the alien creator I'm just not that dedicated to tweak a toon that long to get it lol.
You kinda can but to make it "fun ugly", you really need more of a slouch, curved spine and slumping shoulders, and more extreme distortions of proportion than the creator typically allows. I'm thinking body types closer to the Fek'Ihri custom models.

Take a look at the monster races in other MMOs like, say, Tauren in ********. There are key distortions made in posture and default body language that sell it. You get a dose of those in City of Heroes with the massive bodytype.

I'm a slider pro in most Cryptic games, I think. I've managed to create some really great actor likenesses just for fun.

But whenever I try to create a more grotesque, bestial, or blobby alien, I just wind up with a really stiff looking brute or a pot bellied average human type.

I think we could get by with JUST one more bodytype as long as it's focused on more of a lumbering, hunched form and polycount is allocated to stretch the body out to veer between bulky and lumbering and obese waddling.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckeon
I don't mind the pakleds I think they look kinda cool in the armor lol. The Rigilians bug me.
Oh no you di n't.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
Oh no you di n't.
What? lol ok I appologize to the Rigilians out there.