Lt. Commander
# 21
03-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I only got into one match, the last one of the event, a 2 v 2. My little delta flier ended up as debris a few times but I did get some nice tric crits on a klingon shuttle.
That was most likely me.:p
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Well it was you or me, i think we were the only crestheads there.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I only got into one match, the last one of the event, a 2 v 2. My little delta flier ended up as debris a few times but I did get some nice tric crits on a klingon shuttle.

Definitely cool to find out Jam sensors doesn't effect a torp launched at the same time a jam takes hold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
That was most likely me.:p
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Well it was you or me, i think we were the only crestheads there.
Thats funny, 'cause I thought he was talking about me - I was certainly in the last match, which was a 2v2 and got myself hit with several tric torp crits (not much you can do in a shuttle when you're tractored and a tric torp sneaks up on you) but since we're discussing a Klingon shuttle being destroyed at the hands of a Fed, I'll let you two claim it was you

For what seemed to be a spur of the moment event, it was certainly a lot of fun, if a bit manic at times. Thanks to the organisers and all who took part, not forgetting Snix (think you really need to do something about that huge bullseye on the side of your ship before the next match though Snix).

The idea we discussed towards the end of the gathering about using T1-T3 ships in following weeks sounds good too, I'd definitely be up for that or even more shuttle wars if I'm around at the time.

Pew Pew guys!
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-14-2011, 10:42 AM
I threw together a little HD video with some action from each of the matches, here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-HhJ...layer_embedded
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Shuttle wars was a great time. This was the goal for what private challenges could foster.

All shuttles. A mix of tier ships (i.e. everyone gets 1 T5, 2 T4, 3 T3, 6 T2) for a simulated battle. Whatever.

Keep it up. The battlefield options might currently be limited, but the types of encounters you can create is fairly broad if you get a good group of players together.

Thanks again for the good times!
-snix
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Dear Snix,

What would make such battles more practical, and therefore more fun, would be if there was an easy way to switch ships and shuttles. Right now, you have to reassign all your bridge officers and remap all (most) of your power keys. This is cumbersome and time-consuming.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

EB
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-14-2011, 11:08 AM
My bad dogsbody, i think i might have left before you came in. Shuttle Warz needz MOAR Klingons.
but i had a blast, & will be back for every event like this that i can, RL permitting.
& from what i understand Ebayer, in the future we will be able to board shuttles from our ships.
I have no idea how far into the future though.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snix View Post
Shuttle wars was a great time. This was the goal for what private challenges could foster.

All shuttles. A mix of tier ships (i.e. everyone gets 1 T5, 2 T4, 3 T3, 6 T2) for a simulated battle. Whatever.

Keep it up. The battlefield options might currently be limited, but the types of encounters you can create is fairly broad if you get a good group of players together.

-snix
I would like to add, that the matches we did yesterday were fun. PvP has died somewhat over the last week and it was cool that Snix came into OPVP chat and got some pick up games going.
The KDF vs Fed fights were the best and much needed. Also, like to say the same for Minimax as he does pickup games like this now and then and find them fun and challenging too.

Good job,
Sithterror
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post
I would like to add, that the matches we did yesterday were fun. PvP has died somewhat over the last week and it was cool that Snix came into OPVP chat and got some pick up games going.
The KDF vs Fed fights were the best and much needed. Also, like to say the same for Minimax as he does pickup games like this now and then and find them fun and challenging too.

Good job,
Sithterror
Don't forget they Trekradio guys, they used to do a lot of big pvp games. what ever happened to those?
Minerva & Inquitor, are you guys still doing them?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snix View Post

-snix
Thanks for the feedback and idea !

It seems the pvp community wants more of it, so we will be doing another one this Saturday the 19th, same time. We are going to discuss what this coming Saturdays event will be, but we will post something later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Of course we will have information posted in the shuttle_wars and the OPVP channels as well when we do.