Lt. Commander
# 1 Non-US Television
03-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Do television stations in other parts of the world have wildly different volume levels for commercials than for the shows they appear in? The issue is so bad in the US that we had to pass a law to try to prevent it. I'm just curious if the rest of the world has this problem.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-12-2011, 09:09 PM
In germany we have the same problem, but no one seems to address this problem and i think i am the only one having a problem with it but sometimes Commercials getting really loud.
Althrough they say it is the same volume level it feels like commercials are 50-100% louder that the movie/programm.

Thank you for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2011, 01:50 AM
we sometimes have the same problem here but in fairness its usually when i watch american tv shows.

they are very quiet so you have to turn the volume up to hear what they say, then the adverts are normal level but with the volume turned up they sound very loud. the worst part is in films where the actors are talking softly but the music is very loud.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-13-2011, 03:25 AM
i dont watch adverts if a show starts a 9pm ill pause it and start watching it at 9.20 and i still finish the same time as the show so a little hint for you there.

but in the uk yes we have the same problem for those from the uk ill just say ( HI MY NAMES BARRY SCOTT) they will no what it means
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeboboy View Post
but in the uk yes we have the same problem for those from the uk ill just say ( HI MY NAMES BARRY SCOTT) they will no what it means
Let's try a Cillit Bang on this Penny! :p

Also, I don't watch much telly, but yes, the UK does suffer it from time-to-time. BBC doesn't seem as affected, with ITV the worst from, the 3 normal commercial channels.