Lt. Commander
# 11
03-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel219
Brent Spiner is a pretty hardcore trekkie himself, your telling me that they couldn't find someway to have his appearance? And I'm sure no character is more famous than Spock when it comes to Star Trek, and they have him heavily throughout the game in voice, and appears in a mission or two.
You get the part about Spiner wanting BIG MONEY to use his likeness in the game, right? Cryptic can't just use his image without his permission. They will get sued.

Quote:
And you are correct about Jean-Luc, he is now retired on earth, but still a visit would be nice! Plus, its picard we are talking about! Have him come out of retirement for some major crisis in a featured episode or something.
He is 104 years old in this timeline.

Quote:
And where is the enterprise in general? And the Titan? they should be floating around in game, and if riker isnt the captain anymore what is he doing?
The Enterprise E was sent on a mission and no one has heard from it since. This is the same general era as the All Good Things episode so it is possible that Riker is an Admiral now, or he could be dead or retired. Again, we will not see him in game unless Cryptic and Frakes come to a usage agreement.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
I just hope that there will be not only TOS references in further Missions/ Weeklies. I mean ToS was great but there is so much more to see.
We certainly have Next Gen era references. There are several missions involving Miral Paris. Donatra, from Nemesis, is on the Khitomer Accords STF, and there are plenty of other non-major appearances throughout the game that have nothing to do with TOS.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Where did you hear about the mission Enterprise E went on? So that means Data is M.I.A.?

Is that why I've heard talk of designing Enterprise F? (I play the game mostly and don't keep up on the community events as much)
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Where did you hear about the mission Enterprise E went on? So that means Data is M.I.A.?

Is that why I've heard talk of designing Enterprise F? (I play the game mostly and don't keep up on the community events as much)
All we know is that in late 2408 the Enterprise E was sent to investigate why SF lost contact with Starbase 236. There is nothing else after that. You can read about all of that in the Timeline on the main webpage.

As for why there is an Ent-F contest, that has to do with the fans wanting the Ent-J in the game and that idea getting vetoed by CBS. So Cryptic and CBS decided to have a different "future" ship in the game, and that became the contest for the Ent-F.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
He is 104 years old in this timeline.
Doesn't mean Picard can't make an appearance. McCoy was still in Starfleet during the Enterprise-D's mission to Farpoint at the age of 137. He's still around as far as the year 2381 if you follow the books.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu1701 View Post
Doesn't mean Picard can't make an appearance. McCoy was still in Starfleet during the Enterprise-D's mission to Farpoint at the age of 137. He's still around as far as the year 2381 if you follow the books.
I'm not saying he can't make an appearance - assuming likeness fees can be worked out between Cryptic and Sir Patrick. I am simply saying that the Picard we would see in the game would be more akin to the future version from AGT: quite old and deeply affected by Irumodic Syndrome.

Personally I think an interesting mission would be to take Picard from Earth to the Ba'ku in the Briar Patch - with a group attempting to stop you. There he could reverse the Irumodic Syndrome and start growing younger. Of course he might never want to leave Anij.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-12-2011, 11:00 PM
I vote Wesley Crusher becoming a starfleet captain! In the cut scenes from Nemesis Wesley says he has rejoined starfleet, and I'm sure it can't be that expensive to get wil wheaton lol
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'm not saying he can't make an appearance - assuming likeness fees can be worked out between Cryptic and Sir Patrick. I am simply saying that the Picard we would see in the game would be more akin to the future version from AGT: quite old and deeply affected by Irumodic Syndrome.

Personally I think an interesting mission would be to take Picard from Earth to the Ba'ku in the Briar Patch - with a group attempting to stop you. There he could reverse the Irumodic Syndrome and start growing younger. Of course he might never want to leave Anij.
personally i think he will have spent enough time there to never have gotten it

i never got that

i sure as hell would retire to where the woman i love is, especially since you can spend pretty much an eternity there
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Quote:
I vote Wesley Crusher becoming a starfleet captain! In the cut scenes from Nemesis Wesley says he has rejoined starfleet, and I'm sure it can't be that expensive to get wil wheaton lol
i say no way
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
i sure as hell would retire to where the woman i love is, especially since you can spend pretty much an eternity there
It's hard to say how much he loved Anij. He might have loved Beverly more.

To some extent what the Ba'ku represent is the Garden of Eden. As much as we think of Picard as a scholar he was also an explorer. I think the need for him to see what's beyond the next star would pull him away from the Ba'ku relatively quickly and he would stay with them, at most, only a few years - just long enough to regain his vitality.