Lt. Commander
# 21
03-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel219
I vote Wesley Crusher becoming a starfleet captain! In the cut scenes from Nemesis Wesley says he has rejoined starfleet, and I'm sure it can't be that expensive to get wil wheaton lol
Wil Wheaton is pretty popular. He has 1.7 million twitter followers (Spiner only has 1.3 million) and pops up every so often on Big Bang Theory. And since most of his income comes from appearance fees and rerun royalties now he probably does not work too cheap.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-13-2011, 08:27 AM
Don't forget that there are several Klingon missions in-game now that feature Worf.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
Don't forget that there are several Klingon missions in-game now that feature Worf.
And the Worf Cryptic made looks like he lost a fight to a lawn mower haha....

But in all seriousness.....Cryptic needs to STOP with the ENT and TOS era stuff.....this game was advertised as being a new unknown era.....but all I see is out-of-era most of the time now.

We just need brand new stuff, not retrofitted things.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The Enterprise E was sent on a mission and no one has heard from it since. This is the same general era as the All Good Things episode so it is possible that Riker is an Admiral now, or he could be dead or retired.
Possible spoiler alert!!!

Wasn't there a mission in the game where you rescue Riker's son? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. He was a trader or something. The toon looked like him too, complete with beard etc.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-13-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasty_Diatribe

Wasn't there a mission in the game where you rescue Riker's son? Maybe I'm remembering wrong. He was a trader or something. The toon looked like him too, complete with beard etc.
It was Riker's nephew if I recall.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Fun-Fact:
If you're a KDF player, you can meet Worf in-game.

Eat that, Feds! :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
In Star Trek Online we have made contact with Scotty, Kirk, Bones, and Spock all from the Original Series, but where has the love for the Next Generation been?

It makes no sense to me that we are playing a game that takes place after the most recent Next Generation movie (and the future half of the new reboot) yet all the important cameos come from a generation hundreds of years in the past...

The storyline developed for the most recent movie shows that spock has been trapped in the past so perhaps seeing future him is out of the question, unless there is a special storyline for returning him to the present.

But what about Jean-Luc, Data, Riker, LaForge etc.?

Jean-Luc is now supposed to be an ambassador during this time, data as the new captain of the enterprise, and where is Riker and the Titan?!

So why havent we run into them/had missions story plots with any of the Next Generation crew that we know and love so much?

I know that all star wars fans play this game, but I'm sure as this time line is closer to the next generation the majority of players have a major interest in those characters as well.

FYI - for those of you about to say DATA IS DEAD! or Jean-Luc is still the captain of enterprise! I suggest reading the comic series released for the latest movie which advances the characters stories. And before you say "well thats probably not canon" STO online itself addresses data being the new captain of the enterprise in its loading screen facts and hints.
I am also a big fan of Star Trek TNG, and I would like to see some more TNG related content as well.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasty_Diatribe

It was the son of Thomas Riker - William Riker's transporter duplicate.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
its been awhile since weve seen tomalak. he may have been tomahawked
I thought he was assassinated in Star Trek: Titan Taking Wing?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Quote:
In Star Trek Online we have made contact with Scotty, Kirk, Bones, and Spock all from the Original Series, but where has the love for the Next Generation been?
Pretty sure we don't ever see Kirk in the game (though there is a USS Kirk referenced)