Lt. Commander
# 51
03-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Whoa...Superchum. Where you been? Good to see you again.
On hiatus. The holidays forced me to take a break from gaming.

I'm back. And I can sit my captain's butt in his own chair. Game makes me happy.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'm dying to do a story dealing with his Irumodic Syndrome. I have a conspiracy theory that ties that to Vulcan, Romulus, the Iconian plot, the Borg, Spock, etc. And probably accounts for Shinzon along the way.

It really would wind up being a way to tie together everything we know about Picard up into a neat bow where we see the big picture, the one we've been too close to... and it ties together all the Picard/Q interactions in a new way, in that almost every Q appearance has a comment that somehow could be reinterpreted in a new light here.

The Irumodic Syndrome is a HUGE key element though. It makes it possible to basically reframe Picard's whole life into one cohesive narrative. Suddenly, throwaway elements all become this serial subplot, like The Dominion War. And the sneaky thing is, you'd never see it coming but it all works in retrospect.
I always thought that it was some how Quark, that made a deal with a member of the Tal Shiar, and aquired some of Picard's DNA.

The Enterprise-D did make a stop at DS-9 during "The EMISSARY" and Quark always seems to be able to get anythihng he wants or feels he needs to make a profit.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I don't think it's necessary to make Quark responsible. Remember, Bok had the blueprint for Picard's DNA way back in TNG's "Bloodlines" and I think something like that would work out better overall.

I bet Jason Vigo is still out there (and would look nothing like the actor, ala Miral Paris, Kim, etc.)... I think I may look into following up on him in a Foundry mission, depending on how the EULA shakes out.
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-15-2011, 12:29 AM
as far as bridges go, i would have thought the sensible thing for devs to do would be to make the known bridge sets and give cusomization options more on point as TOS, TNG, VOY, Sovvy/Prometheus style options. so you select the galaxy layout.. then select the voyager option and get the bulky consoles with the gray/blue/black tones.

but selecting the galaxy bridge with the sovvy/prom style would give you the sleek consoles in the tan/red/white/gray style.
b
IMO that would have been a cool route to go