Lt. Commander
# 1 Unique Consoles...
03-13-2011, 11:21 AM
From the March 2011 Ask Cryptic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
The theory being that as you progress in ranks, you are collecting a slew of unique cool consoles. The end game strategy will then be deciding which consoles to slot on your T5 ship.
Besides the MVAM that just came out and any existing abilities that could be converted to consoles, what kinds of unique consoles would you like to see?

Me personally, I'd like to see an actual Corbomite Reflector (a la the TOS ep. "The Corbomite Maneuver") that reflects a percentage of damage back at the enemy while active. If Armada 2 could do it, why not STO?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-13-2011, 04:07 PM
Off hand the ones I kinda expect to see...

The Galaxy-X's Dreadnought's Cloaking Device and spinal lance, the Intrepid's Ablative Armor, the Defiant's Cloaking Device, The Excelsior's Transwarp drive and advanced transwarp drive, the Nova's target subsystems ability, the Nebula's tachyon detection grid... and so on...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Well its a good concept, all things considered, and I for one would love to see more Spinal Mount Phaser Cannons running around the Fleet. Though I expect we will be in Tier 6 by then.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Unique Consoles
03-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Oh and don't forget a Saucer Seperation console for any ship with a Saucer section.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavierprotocols
Oh and don't forget a Saucer Seperation console for any ship with a Saucer section.
not every ship is capable of such feat, in fact the only two of which only 1 is canon are the Galaxy and the Sovereign

Consoles for many things are a nice idea, but they should fit the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-13-2011, 05:55 PM
The Constitution class (both old and new) can do it, but once done, it can't be undone without a major overhaul.

There are explosive bolts where the primary hull joins the dorsal connector.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-13-2011, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't mind a few,

"Assault"=Shields down, transport a few bombs on board.

"Nomad"=Tactical Pattern like powers.

"Carrier bays"=Drones, fighters, repair, etc. yeah I opened that can of worms.

"Ground support"=similar to what we saw in last mission and the "underpowered" tac ability.

"Tachyon Scanner"=Smaller scale version of what the nebula has.

off the top of my head.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
The Constitution class (both old and new) can do it, but once done, it can't be undone without a major overhaul.

There are explosive bolts where the primary hull joins the dorsal connector.
which does not fit the bill of being able to reconnect which does make this feature not so good.

On that same note the defiant can launch the front bit with the deflector in at as a huge warhead by separating it with explosive bolts. It would arm allt he torpedoes stored in there and kill all the people still int hat section.

would make warp drive impossible due not having a deflector though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Pulling a few from the shows instead of the game:

The Deflector blast the Enterprise-D used against the borg cube. Yes, it faiied in the show, but that was because the Borg knew about it.
The Defiant's trick of using a tractor beam to refract beam attacks. Instead of locking the target in place, applies a big accuracy penalty on energy weapons while it's active.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
Off hand the ones I kinda expect to see...

The Galaxy-X's Dreadnought's Cloaking Device and spinal lance, the Intrepid's Ablative Armor, the Defiant's Cloaking Device, The Excelsior's Transwarp drive and advanced transwarp drive, the Nova's target subsystems ability, the Nebula's tachyon detection grid... and so on...
You wish. :p