Lt. Commander
(If you have never played KA: here be a bit of spoilage below.)

I really enjoy this STF until the end fight with Donatra, because it gets a bit on the tedious side. (Playing late with the fleet I have actually fallen asleep while playing this part! ) The way it unfolds, no 'snare' powers seem to work. Donatra's ship will always cloak and escape even if being tractored, exposed with various debuffs, warp plasma, etc . . . which brings me to my question: Why can't we use the abilities we have to stop and/or hold her? I'm just curious if this is as intended or not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Before the recent weekly episodes, I could stop her from cloacking using Tractor Beam and for decloacking Charged Particle Burst, but that does not work anymore for me.
I think I saw that Gravity Well and/or Tykens Rift can stop her from cloacking, but I am not sure about that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm *guessing* that her cloaking and running is associated with a mission trigger of some sort and is necessary for mission advancement. - just a speculation.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
Before the recent weekly episodes, I could stop her from cloacking using Tractor Beam and for decloacking Charged Particle Burst, but that does not work anymore for me.
I think I saw that Gravity Well and/or Tykens Rift can stop her from cloacking, but I am not sure about that.
That's exactly what is driving me a wee bit crazy. We have the abilities and since we usually have all three classes when we do KA, we have been trying every power combo we could think of, but they just don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
I'm *guessing* that her cloaking and running is associated with a mission trigger of some sort and is necessary for mission advancement. - just a speculation.
You do have a few objectives during the fight, but I figured that it would be similar to the gate in Infected where each percentage of damage spawns harder groups until the tactical cube. But with enough dps, you can almost kill the gate the first time it opens and pull the tactical cube at the first drop of the forcefield. I was thinking the same could be said of Donatra, you could catch her and shoot the living daylights out of her and force the objectives to spawn right away in a similar fashion. Its just a waste of time to shoot, wait, shoot, wait, shoot, wait . . . *snore*
Lt. Commander
# 5 Observation
03-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I just wanted to make a friendly observation. If it was really late for you when you were playing, and you were already tired from your day, and the mission, perhaps that was influencing your "Zzzz" impression of KA's final fight :> True, Donatra cannot be stopped, as you mentioned, but the fight is not so terribly long. Perhaps if you ever redo the mission, take note of the actual time, rather than her always leaving (even though you don't want her to cloak/escape :>). I hope that made sense. How did you like the rest of the mission?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2011, 04:23 PM
The latest weekly series "broke" the anti-cloak abilities on Donatra. I know that CPB, grav well, and EWP disabled her cloak before.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos5k
I just wanted to make a friendly observation. If it was really late for you when you were playing, and you were already tired from your day, and the mission, perhaps that was influencing your "Zzzz" impression of KA's final fight :> True, Donatra cannot be stopped, as you mentioned, but the fight is not so terribly long. Perhaps if you ever redo the mission, take note of the actual time, rather than her always leaving (even though you don't want her to cloak/escape :>). I hope that made sense. How did you like the rest of the mission?
I've actually played KA dozens of times with most of my captains (yup, STO addict here). Plus, in the first post I said I like KA. Tthe double gate is a nice challenge and the ground part has a nice puzzle to it; its just the end part that drags and (as it seems from other comments) that something is borked at the moment. Its a fun fight! Yet, it just drags on way too long compared to any of the other STF 'boss' fights. But, come on, when she comes back with full health and no way to root her to accelerate the fight... that's when the ZZZzzzz kick in for me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinnio View Post
Yes this is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaqua
And yes this is Correct, she needs to go away for 3 Times to spawn 3 Groups.

I can understand the agro here, it is anoing to see here cloak the whole Time.
If ou have a Team DPS close to absurdly hight, this prevents here from cloaking all the Time, exept for 3 Times
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-26-2011, 02:28 PM
FYI, TBRs will show her position a well timed TB||sensor scan (as she starts to cloak, but not before) seemed to as well.