Lt. Commander
# 1 Cutting the Cord PVP map
03-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Ground combat needs a lot of work, and the devs are working on that. If and when they improve it, I recommend a less restricted version of the, "Cutting the Cord" ground map. As I played that with my friends, I saw multiple PVP opportunities. The inner city reminds me of some good PvP games I've played. Once ground combat is fixed, please add this map to the PvP queues.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2011, 03:01 PM
I second this!

It could even be added as a defense/offense map - one team defending Hakeev's "offices" or whatever, the other team trying to get there. Eliminate extraneous buildings, heck, leave some orbital strikes in there... Could be very cool - each team trying to get to the orbital strike areas first...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2011, 03:02 PM
As long as players can't Matrix jump like those damn Rommie NPCs on that map, that'll be gravy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah when I first did that map, I enjoyed it and thought "hey this would make a great PVP Map." Especially if it's more then just Kill 30 people, but has some kind of Capture the Flag, or other goal that can be achieved outside of just killing another player. That coupled with coming updates to the ground combat system might improve things and make ground combat less lol worthy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2011, 03:32 PM
I agree it would be fun, especially with some sort of capture the flag or steal the bacon kind of rule set. But based on what I saw in Shanty Town when it was released, even to this day, nobody knows how to "capture" the flag. It's a shame that good ideas are wasted on oblivious players.

Doesn't help that no one queues for ground pvp, either
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2011, 10:09 PM
90% of the players i've meet on ground in shanty town seem to have no idea how to capture viruses there or what spots to defend & attack... and that map is super small compared to the cutting the cord one... i don't even want to imagine how many people simply would get lost in that one lol.

But yea new maps for ground i'd want too, not sure i'd want super huge ones tho that take ages to play, the pvp population isn't really large enough anymore.. i'd love to see the arena from coliseum as some melee only map.