Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
More tokens for pvp would mean more AFKers in pvp.
Maybe, but I can't see a lot of people actually doing this for 1 emblem every 3 matches. If you really want to grind emblems at that sort of pace, it would be a lot more productive to get them by farming anomalies and completing just the quick (non-killing) explore missions. And that's assuming you have done all of the Deferi, Eta Eridani, and Fleet Action dailies for the day, which does not take a trivial amount of time.

If /afk'ing is a problem, then the solution is making it so you can't complete a match while /afk. Just slap a ten or twenty second /afk kick timer on these instances and most people would die of boredom before they could manage to complete even one match.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2011, 03:48 PM
If they could find a way to fix the AFK problem , then i am all for more PVP emblems. It's all I do in the game anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
More tokens for pvp would mean more AFKers in pvp. after the first 3 Emblems are given,only rewards for winning should even be considered IMHO.
3 for the base and 2 to winning team PARTICIPANTS and 1 to the PARTICIPANTS on the losing team
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
If they could find a way to fix the AFK problem , then i am all for more PVP emblems. It's all I do in the game anyway.
Yeah. Well there's lots of ways to fix it; only question is whether they will do any of them or not. Ten second /afk kick. Check that at least one of your damage dealt; shield HP healed; or hull HP healed is within three standard deviations of the match average. Check that you did not spend more than 5% of the match duration behind the respawn window . . .

I dunno, other games I've seen seemed to almost totally fix this problem with just a very short /afk timer. Certainly the simplest fix, and would eliminate at least 90% of the potential /afk population.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-15-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Seriously? Would it be so hard to slap a "do three matches get one emblem" mission into the roster? It's at least as much effort to survive three arenas as it is to snooze through yet another chain of those dreadful "Kill Five Bears, Scan Five Bears, Feed Five Bears" missions.
QFT

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-15-2011, 08:21 AM
I've been ignoring the other dailies in preference for PvP lately, and only earning 3 emblems has been annoying me. I'd like to buy that MVAE with emblems some day, but I'm not gonna spend my limited time repeating the PvE dailies when I can have more fun playing PvP whenever I login. Not to mention it takes me 2-3 hours to do the PvE dailies if I try to take my time so that I can actually enjoy it. With a full time job and a social life, the most I can sacrifice is 1-2 hours a day, maybe 5 days a week, now that I max leveled my main last month.