Lt. Commander
# 1 1 Shot Kills
03-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey Cryptic, you said there was nothing wrong with the Decloaking Attack Bonuses, right?

1-Shot Kill

I mean, 1-shot kills is perfectly normal, right? Buff up, decloak, pop off one of these beauties and blammo. All perfectly good fun right?

And people wonder why I complain so much about PvP Imbalance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2011, 04:30 PM
that's a tricobalt device, you could have shot it down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Tricobalts are weird like that. But I think that happens in a small percentage of tricobalt attacks.

Now, don't quote me on that. I use only quantums. Because they aren't hit-or-miss weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2011, 04:32 PM
All i see is a Tricobalt working exactly as intended.
I have seen them hit for as high as 90k worth of damage and 60k hits are not rare.

Critical hits on a high damage dealing projectile will hit hard, and even harder if they have +40% crit severity.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah, if you buff yourself up enough, get every once of juice you can, a Tricobalt torp can down someone in a single hit. I've seen it happen once or twice. Plus, if you're decloaking at point-blank range, giving the other person no time to really react or shoot down the projectile, it can really ruin someone's day.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
All i see is a Tricobalt working exactly as intended.
I have seen them hit for as high as 90k worth of damage and 60k hits are not rare.

Critical hits on a high damage dealing projectile will hit hard, and even harder if they have +40% crit severity.
And yet how many times have you ever seen them 1 shot a person? With Shields at 100%?

I use Tricobalts all the time and are actually speced into them and ever since they were added to STO, I managed to 1 shot somebody 2 or 3 times (which has been a year now). But this famous individual does it all the time and all thanks to the decloaking bonus.

But hey, its all in fun right?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
And yet how many times have you ever seen them 1 shot a person?

I use Tricobalts all the time and are actually speced into them and ever since they were added to STO, I managed to 1 shot a BoP maybe 2 times. But never another ship unless their shields were down.

My shields were at 100% and I was killed in less than 2 seconds.
And your point would be?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
And yet how many times have you ever seen them 1 shot a person?

I use Tricobalts all the time and are actually speced into them and ever since they were added to STO, I managed to 1 shot a BoP maybe 2 times. But never another ship unless their shields were down.

My shields were at 100% and I was killed in less than 2 seconds.
Having played a Klingon the past week, I can promise you that it is pretty easy to tear through someone's shields. Especially at point-blank range. As was said before, if they do that close enough to you you will have no time to buff.

Keep a polarize hull. It'll grant you some immunity for a few seconds the moment they start hitting you. That should by you enough to time to buff up.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Tricobalts are weird like that. But I think that happens in a small percentage of tricobalt attacks.

Now, don't quote me on that. I use only quantums. Because they aren't hit-or-miss weapons.
It happened to me a couple of times when it was me shooting the TC device. Shields were weak, and I was too close when weapon shot..End of line.
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
And your point would be?
How about STO PvP is lame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Having played a Klingon the past week, I can promise you that it is pretty easy to tear through someone's shields. Especially at point-blank range. As was said before, if they do that close enough to you you will have no time to buff.

Keep a polarize hull. It'll grant you some immunity for a few seconds the moment they start hitting you. That should by you enough to time to buff up.
Oh the only shot I got from this indivdual was just 1 Tricobalt, that was it. My shields were at 100% at the time too. In fact I was about to warp out of Ker'rat when it happened.