03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
why didn't the op shoot it down? Lol
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
why didn't the op shoot it down? Lol
Oh so you think you can shoot down a Tricobalt from a BoP that fired it at 0.0km away? If you can, then you got my praise.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
How about STO PvP is lame?
Well considering that two Canon Tricobalts can completely oblitterate an entire space station...

But seriously, the rare and insanely high critical hits from gamble weapons is pretty much the norm in many MMO's.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Well considering that two Canon Tricobalts can completely oblitterate an entire space station...

But seriously, the rare and insanely high critical hits from gamble weapons is pretty much the norm in many MMO's.
If STO followed cannon then we wouldn't be using Tricobalts now would we?

But apparenly you didn't catch that this individual 1-shots people all the time and all thanks to that decloaking bonus. So thank you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Oh the only shot I got from this indivdual was just 1 Tricobalt, that was it. My shields were at 100% at the time too. In fact I was about to warp out of Ker'rat when it happened.
Tricobalts will do 6X the damage as a similarly ranked quantum. They are meant to be strong but have very long cooldowns (which makes them great for cloak and run Klingon fighters)
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
If STO followed cannon then we wouldn't be using Tricobalts now would we?

But apparenly you didn't catch that this individual 1-shots people all the time and all thanks to that decloaking bonus. So thank you Cryptic.
So Voyager fired what at the caretakers array? Snot balls?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Oh so you think you can shoot down a Tricobalt from a BoP that fired it at 0.0km away? If you can, then you got my praise.
oh. you were against a klingon? Well, he put you out of your misery quickly then. You should have thanked him. Sometimes they toy with you before tearing you a knew one.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I managed to fire 4 tricobalt devices (at different times) in my previous PvP, they all missed! Cryptic please fix!

Seriously: i bet if you averaged out the DPS then tricobalt is no better than any other torpedo type.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Tricobalts will do 6X the damage as a similarly ranked quantum. They are meant to be strong but have very long cooldowns (which makes them great for cloak and run Klingon fighters)
You don't get it.

If you want to say 1 shot kills is perfectly fine. Then go right ahead.

This is an MMO, not a FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
So Voyager fired what at the caretakers array? Snot balls?
Oh yeah just leave out how Tricobalts damage subspace and only reserved for special circumstances.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Oh yeah just leave out how Tricobalts damage subspace and only reserved for special circumstances.
Actually they create temporary subspace disruptions, but they do not actually damage subspace.
Additionally just because they are not standard armament for federation starships does not mean they cannot be used on the battlefield.
In fact STO balances this very well with having it as a slow high risk weapon, but with a potentially high pay-off.