Lt. Commander
# 41
03-24-2011, 01:41 AM
I would love reviews. I know you do one at a time, fine I have 3 total in a story, I'll post the 1st one, then the next once you've done that one.

Part 1

Title : Stirring the hornets nest

Level 31+ klingon mission

You've detected a distress signal in the Alhena system. This is no routine rescue mission though, as you are soon drawn into an inter-house conflict .

Part 2 and 3 will be listed later, but all are on foundry currently for testing and feedback
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-24-2011, 10:45 AM
cool, if you would be so kind as to review 'Defend the Empire' i would greatly appreciate it. I only have 1 review so far 4/5, but the reviewer said i had a couple of bugs and didnt go into detail(probably becuz they didn't effect the mission) but i would still like to know what these bugs are. I have been unable to find them myself Level doesn't matter, everything should scale according to your level. It's about 80% done. Working 3 jobs, its hard to find time to do anything lol

ID# ST-TBZE12N2M

On a side note i've begun working on a 'Foundry Showcase' for animations and fx. it will be located at daseworld.com/foundry. If you would care to give some thoughts on what i have so far, i would greatly appreciate that too. It would be really cool if you had a wide screen monitor I am unable to see how it looks on an actual wide screen monitor.

And please be brutally critical.

Thx a million!
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi all just taking a couple days break too Level My Klingon alt. Will get most of these done this weekend. Keep em coming.

Don't forget to let me know what level, Kdf/FEd, Mission ID helps and A brief of what stage your mission is at.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-25-2011, 02:20 PM
"No Peace More Action"
TRNI4POAD

That's a Fed mission, any level, starts on DS9. There's a familiar race from TOS intent on sabotaging a Cardassian/Bajoran peace summit.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-25-2011, 06:03 PM
I welcome some good criticisms on:

"Portents of the Forefathers"
ST-TCJC4C5YD

Admiral Rrerkrr, the famous carnivore diplomat, has attached you as an ambassadorial resource in a time of crisis. Who knew diplomacy could be so dangerous... can you save the Vrigreans from themselves!? Use your wits, your eyes, and your ears!

The Admiral needs you in person at Earth Spacedock. Her offices are on the lower level, red corridor.

Rrerkrr 01: Best Played Solo. Plays like a TV Episode. Allow 1.5 hours. Ground, Space, Interior, Ground. Starts at Earth Spacedock.

It was created mostly before the branching dialogue feature so it's very linear but I think it's a good first try.

Thanks!
Strad
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenizenVI
If you have time, I would appreciate feedback on this mission:

Conjoined ST-TIAF6XVNK

Admittedly, it does start rather far from social zones. This is intended to reinforce the setting of the mission, but it's something that I might change if it does more harm than good.

Thanks, it's great that you're helping out other authors with this.
Conjoined ST-TIAF6XVNKReview

Excellent Exploration mission. Highly recommend.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Here's my two:
The Snake Reincarnate I: ST-TI8RU7AFA
The Snake Reincarnate 2: ST-TC8PKJ3WY

The Snake Reincarnate I review

Needs allot of work on story elements within an interactive medium.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcornwell
This is extremely good of you fillbones.

The Orb Provides - Parts I and II
ST-TH4Q4FTAD
ST-TKDHDQ6RY

Thanks again!
The Orb Provides - Parts I ST-TH4Q4FTAD review

Story needs to be revisited or flushed.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-26-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
The Orb Provides - Parts I ST-TH4Q4FTAD review

Story needs to be revisited or flushed.
Hi Filbones,

Thanks for reviewing my mission, and I know it's just you volunteering your time, but I have a couple of questions. Did you run both parts? The Part 2 doesn't show that it's been run, so I'm wondering.

On your comment on combining the two, my limitation was that I ran out of maps. Only being able to have 10 maps seems pretty limiting to me. I don't like going straight from the surface of one planet to orbit in another, so it costs me another map for each planet. That's the main reason I split it into two.

The first part is the more simple of the two. The second part has the meat of the story and I think is a bit more enjoyable. If you didn't do both parts, I'd like to see what you think after you did part 2.

I also saw your posting on StarbaseUGC about making this review process something you can turn into a revenue stream. I don't think it's a bad idea and I think for someone that has the time, it could be a good thing. But you will need to be more detailed on your reviews than you were with this one.

Thanks again and I look forward to reading your reviews and checking out the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-27-2011, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Hi Filbones,

Thanks for reviewing my mission, and I know it's just you volunteering your time, but I have a couple of questions. Did you run both parts? The Part 2 doesn't show that it's been run, so I'm wondering.
Quote:
On your comment on combining the two, my limitation was that I ran out of maps. Only being able to have 10 maps seems pretty limiting to me. I don't like going straight from the surface of one planet to orbit in another, so it costs me another map for each planet. That's the main reason I split it into two.
I am recommending everyone not to do Story Archs on Foundry unless you already have a following. One I know how upsetting it is to Make a massive series and have absolutely no one play further than the 1st one. I have only released my latest Missions as a part series because I wanted opinions on them in sections. I still don't understand how you used up 10 maps. That's at least 10 map transitions. who is going to play a mission with 10 map transmissions. SO yes, Make it a one parter and condense the story. Make an uber cool one time play, rather than a hard slog series. I was really looking forward to your mission and will give the second one a go. Usually when I write very little in a review it is because I Don't want to leave the story to write comments or there isn't enough content to merit criticism. Yours was a little bit of both.

Quote:
The first part is the more simple of the two. The second part has the meat of the story and I think is a bit more enjoyable. If you didn't do both parts, I'd like to see what you think after you did part 2.
Sure, I only do one mission at a time per author, but I will list it on my to do list. One thing though, if the second part has the meat, what is the point of the first half? The first part should have the meat and the second part the desert.

Quote:
I also saw your posting on StarbaseUGC about making this review process something you can turn into a revenue stream. I don't think it's a bad idea and I think for someone that has the time, it could be a good thing. But you will need to be more detailed on your reviews than you were with this one.
My post on starbaseUGC was in reference to myself and others like me becoming Publicists for foundry authors. I never ever want or will intend to make money from Gaming. This is my fun time. I enjoy playing missions of any sort, but hate to play a foundry mission and not have an open collaboration or communication with the Author. I've been in the Creative Arts industry since I was born, Wether its writing, dancing, directing, producing, stage, Film or TV. I've done it. I love creative collaboration and look for it in all aspects of my life and now have found it in my Gaming Hobbie, STO. If I were to charge you for my opinions and creative objections Professionally, you would of got a 10 page treatment in-which most of it would of made you wish you never asked.

I was dying for responses to my missions when I first started and tried many methods to get feedback, But never ever got a treatment such as what I'm willing to give. I just didn't have much to say about your mission, take it as a bad or good thing. I usually average 2-4 pages a mission.

Quote:
Thanks again and I look forward to reading your reviews and checking out the missions.
I will check it out, and make sure I give you a more in-depth player feedback.
P.s Just because my Avatar looks mean, doesn't mean you have to read my words as harsh.