Lt. Commander
# 1 Uniform suggestions
03-15-2011, 02:55 AM
Hi!
There are some Starfleet uniforms still missing:
- Original TNG (seasons 1 & 2) jumpsuit and skant (worn by Deanna and Tasha in "Encounter at Farpoint")
- Female TNG jumpsuit (one piece uniform!)
- TMP jumpsuit and short-sleeve uniforms
- TWOK skirt (as seen on Uhura) and enlisted uniform
- TWOK rank insignia
- The uniforms we have seen in "Star Trek (2009)"

BTW it would really great if you could design the standard uniform for your generic crewmembers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm pretty sure TMP uniforms are in the works. I also know they are wanting to allow us to customize our crews uniforms although I'm not sure on the exact status of that. I'm not sure how the 2009 Star Trek Uniform differs from TOS. They looked the same to me. I'd really like to see those TWOK things worked on.

EDIT: I just went and looked because I thought TMP stuff had already been released. They do have TMP uniforms up. They aren't Short Sleeve though. I'm also not sure what Jumpsuit uniform you are after. Is it different than the one that is in the C-store?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2011, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizitor View Post
I'm pretty sure TMP uniforms are in the works. I also know they are wanting to allow us to customize our crews uniforms although I'm not sure on the exact status of that. I'm not sure how the 2009 Star Trek Uniform differs from TOS. They looked the same to me.
They are different. The rank insignia are of a simple design and the division insignia is made of metal. The uniform of both genders has the same collar. The female uniform exists in four variants (with short or long sleeve, with "mini skirt" or black trousers). And the fabric of the uniforms is also different.

Quote:
I'd really like to see those TWOK things worked on.
It is very confusing if all your officers wear the captain insignia, even if they are only ensigns.

Quote:
EDIT: I just went and looked because I thought TMP stuff had already been released. They do have TMP uniforms up. They aren't Short Sleeve though. I'm also not sure what Jumpsuit uniform you are after. Is it different than the one that is in the C-store?
You can see all TMP uniform variants here: http://www.st-spike.org/pages/unifor...7/uniforms.htm. BTW this page (http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/uniforms.htm) also shows all official Starfleet uniforms up to the end of "Enterprise".
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbarossaRotbart
Hi!
There are some Starfleet uniforms still missing:
- Original TNG (seasons 1 & 2) jumpsuit and skant (worn by Deanna and Tasha in "Encounter at Farpoint")
- Female TNG jumpsuit (one piece uniform!)
The uniform from the first couple of season of TNG are still missing. Don't know how much STO players are looking forward to that. I know the TNG cast absolutely despised them, to the point where, at least according to Patrick Stewart, his chiropractor suggested sueing the production for permanent spinal damage.

Quote:
- TMP jumpsuit and short-sleeve uniforms
- TWOK skirt (as seen on Uhura) and enlisted uniform
- TWOK rank insignia
As another poster said, the TMP uniform is in the game, though it's a C-Store purchase. The short sleave variant doesn't seem to be a part of it though (however, since Kirk was the only one, to memory, seen with it, I would think it would be limited to anyone at the rank of Captain or above).

I believe you could use either the TOS or TMP skirts in the game to simulate the TWOK skirt; although Uhura was the only one I ever saw wearing it. As for the TWOK rank insignia, I believe it comes with the TWOK uniforms, though not using one myself, I can't tell you one way or the other.

Quote:
- The uniforms we have seen in "Star Trek (2009)"
I believe there have been several requests for items from the 2009 Star Trek film, including uniforms and the Enterprise from the film. While I think they would be an interesting addition, unfortunately, it comes down to who owns the rights to said products. CBS is the company that has given Cryptic and Atari permission for the game; they own the various television series. Paramount, however, owns the movie rights; if anything from the latest movie(s) is to be added to the game, Cryptic and Atari will have to seek Paramount's permission.

Quote:
BTW it would really great if you could design the standard uniform for your generic crewmembers.
I believe that the Devs have said that this is in the works.

Quote:
You can see all TMP uniform variants here: http://www.st-spike.org/pages/unifor...7/uniforms.htm. BTW this page (http://www.st-spike.org/pages/uniforms/uniforms.htm) also shows all official Starfleet uniforms up to the end of "Enterprise".
This page will assist you in "canonizing" your chosen uniform.