Career Officer
Played a Foundry mission today and I was shocked at the pathetic amount of Dilithium I got for playing it.

So why was it reduced? I don't recall any mention of people farming or exploiting the Foundry lately that would warrant it. So what then? Less reward, less reason to play the Foundry. Is that Cryptic's intention so players go Dilithum grind somewhere else?
Career Officer
# 2
11-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Which one did you play?

They took out static maps from the avg play time calculation (sector space, social zones and time spent loading). That would reduce the avg time

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 3
11-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Actually, I wish they would just remove the rewards. Adding the rewards is just what encouraged all the grind missions to be made. In retrospect it probably was one of the worst things that has happened to the Foundry. It hooked it straight into the game's grind economy.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
# 4
11-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Which one did you play?

They took out static maps from the avg play time calculation (sector space, social zones and time spent loading). That would reduce the avg time
Played XR's One Too Many.

Was doing some testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Actually, I wish they would just remove the rewards. Adding the rewards is just what encouraged all the grind missions to be made. In retrospect it probably was one of the worst things that has happened to the Foundry. It hooked it straight into the game's grind economy.
Without rewards, the Foundry itself will not generate enough interest in the playerbase.

Outside of that EZ EC grind missions, there is no reason to grind Dilithum in Foundry missions since it's stupid easy to farm Dilithum in the new Battlezone. I mean there is an easy exploit there that makes the 1-click Foundry missions pale in comparison.
Career Officer
# 5
11-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Did a quick check, according to the Foundry custom search One Too Many is 30 minutes to 1 hour in avg play time

Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
Captain
# 6
11-27-2013, 07:49 PM
You know before the daily foundry reward of fleet marks was removed, the limit on loot drops and the nerf to Dil rewards I use to play in the foundry everyday. Since all the changes and all the rewards were removed I realized I have not been there since. Not even once.
Career Officer
# 7
11-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Did a quick check, according to the Foundry custom search One Too Many is 30 minutes to 1 hour in avg play time
And on top of it, it's a Featured Episode.

Before Season 8, Featured episodes were rewarding around 2400 Dilithium, 2800 during the bonus Event. Now, its rewarding featured episodes around 1900 Dilithum. Sure to many 500 is meh, but still its a reduction that I don't recall being in the S8 patch notes.

So was this intentional, or a is it perhaps an unforeseen glitch?
Career Officer
# 8
11-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Remove the rewards and they might as well just remove the Foundry. Only a truly small subset of STO players would continue to play Foundry missions for no rewards other then drops.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 9
11-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
And on top of it, it's a Featured Episode.

Before Season 8, Featured episodes were rewarding around 2400 Dilithium, 2800 during the bonus Event. Now, its rewarding featured episodes around 1900 Dilithum. Sure to many 500 is meh, but still its a reduction that I don't recall being in the S8 patch notes.

So was this intentional, or a is it perhaps an unforeseen glitch?
1440 is for a max rewards mission (1 hr) and 480 for minimum (15 minutes?)

People have been trying to finish missions quickly on purpose to get dilithium more efficiently. this will of course drop the average play time and make it reward less. Also I still suspect that removing static maps from avg play time has a retro active effect to current missions.

I wish we could see the actual number behind how long a mission is and not a large range

Last edited by zorbane; 11-28-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
11-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
You know before the daily foundry reward of fleet marks was removed, the limit on loot drops and the nerf to Dil rewards I use to play in the foundry everyday. Since all the changes and all the rewards were removed I realized I have not been there since. Not even once.
Same for me, i would not even care if the remove the whole foundry.
It will stop them complaining over and over again about the grind missions.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.