Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Shortlist VOTING!!!
11-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Hello All,

We have been collecting Suggestions for a List of items to give to Al Rivera.

Please Vote on which items you would like to see added to the Foundry

The Poll is here.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19NF...xMmmY/viewform

If you want to see the forum where this original discussion took place it is here

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=923691

Last edited by primar13; 11-21-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
11-21-2013, 07:46 PM
/slaps sticker onto t-shirt

"I Voted!"
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-21-2013, 08:01 PM
I've voted as well.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 4
11-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Ditto. /10chars
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 5
11-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Voted. If I may, I'd like to suggest adding the captain's quarters and mess hall rooms from our ship interiors.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-21-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm not one hundred percent satisfied with my selection, but I voted.

There's a definite need for opening (and in some cases closing) doors for more factions than just the Federation, to name one thing. Hopefully this and some of my other issues will be met if they port over the Neverwinter map-building tech.

I would love to be able to build a multi-level interior map with some rooms connecting to each other vertically, not just horizontally. Especially if there was the option to use components which link to outdoor sections, such as skylights, open ceilings, and broken open passageways. However, this is only moderately on-topic. Would go great with the water volumes, or if they added "overgrowth" foliage that could be added to artificial environments.

Last edited by theoryfive; 11-21-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
11-22-2013, 01:42 AM
I posted this on the asset thread, but maybe it's more relevant here.

I pretty much just voted for things that help to make custom interiors, plus a few other sets like SF Academy, the Shuttlebays and Observation Lounge.

I personally feel like those basics are more important than the Dyson Sphere or even New Romulus.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 8
11-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Haven't yet voted, still mulling the options (which I'm not too certain on since I'm not a Foundry author). However, I'm pretty sure the Worf NPC isn't going in there due to likeness issues; just because Dorn's contract says that they can use his face for the latest feature episode does not necessarily mean it's OK to include him in player created content. I could be wrong, though.
Career Officer
# 9 Empty Maps
11-22-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I posted this on the asset thread, but maybe it's more relevant here.

I pretty much just voted for things that help to make custom interiors, plus a few other sets like SF Academy, the Shuttlebays and Observation Lounge.

I personally feel like those basics are more important than the Dyson Sphere or even New Romulus.
I would like to apologize.

When I created it, the biggest thing I wanted was an Empty/blank map for creating ship interiors and after putting 100+ things on the list I forgot to include it..

I have since added both "Empty Ground Map" and " Empty interior Maps"

I have also allowed you all to edit your votes after submitting.

All you should have to do is go back to the form to make changes.

If you have a problem editing your selections after posting let me know.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-22-2013, 08:36 AM
No need to apologize Primar. I think you put together a very good list based on the thread responses. Is it comprehensive? No. But it was never going to be. There are thousands of assets and hundreds of maps that should be in the Foundry and aren't, and every author is going to want certain ones of those more than the others. Those wants will overlap, but nobody is going to exactly want the same things as someone else.

What we have here is a good shortlist. It has a lot of variety and everyone I've talked to has found at least a few things on it that they'd love to have and a few things that they would not put a priority on.

People should keep in mind a couple things:

1. There is no guarantee that when we do present the results to Cryptic, they will be acted on. I get the impression that Geko doesn't control what the art team does, he's just being nice in passing this along for us. They'll make the decision to act on this, and they may not do any of it.

2. If they do act on this list, it will probably not be the last time they add Foundry assets. If something you want isn't on this list, it could be on future lists. In the past, Cryptic has added assets and maps in small chunks at random times. It'll probably happen that way in the future too, not as often as we'd like, but it'll still probably happen.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic