Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepez
Shanty town seems like an addition to me. but im only using commen sense so i could be wroung.
Lol ground.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Shanty town seems like an addition to me. but im only using commen sense so i could be wroung.
Although i want to respond with a common LoL ground i will not and will say this:

You should also use you common sense and try to determine how many of the pvp playerbase actually plays ground and which atracts more players to this game ground or space.

And even if we count that ground map as addition to the whole pvp gameplay its only one map, in 13 MONTHS!
You see that as enough and fair? Realy? Realy??
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Although i want to respond with a common LoL ground i will not and will say this:

You should also use you common sense and try to determine how many of the pvp playerbase actually plays ground and which atracts more players to this game ground or space.

And even if we count that ground map as addition to the whole pvp gameplay its only one map, in 13 MONTHS!
You see that as enough and fair? Realy? Realy??
Shanty Town was received well. At that point, people hadn't yet abandonded ground as they have now. The error might have been that they didn't plan a steady content release for PvP.

Even if "steady" content release would mean new contentonly every 6 months.

Maybe all the balance tweaks let them loose sight of this aspect, certainy it did cost them time and resources. The balancing is naturelly fuled majorly by the PvP community (Borg don't whine), but it has to be an ongoing process that happens parallel to everything else, and it cannot satisfy the needs for content.

Even if the game isn't perfect now, and we need to get the spam under control, I think beyond that point, we should push the balancing tweaks further in the background and focus on PvP content and PvP "peripherals", like:
  • New PvP Maps
  • New Reward Mechanics to provide more incentive to fighting to win instead of AFKing for Emblems
  • New PvP Modes
  • Player Rankings
  • Tournament Rules
  • Open PvP
  • Extensions to Private Challenge matches (for example setting a PvP map to "Shuttles" only " Tier 3 ship only", "no refits" or some such)
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2011, 06:36 AM
I shall stop any replies to the issue from my standpoint.

Except this one, of course.

Its the last since I had to reply to say I'll speak no more of it.

So now no more of it.

May clearer minds prevail.

Edit: ok I tried but its hard to be civil in an unruly situation where one is cast as the sinner with no evidence to back it up.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Yes Shanty Town was an add for the 12 people, (hyberbole) that actually plays ground PvP because it has been an atrocious abortion (again Hyperbole) since launch just with game geometry glitches and exploits. I with many on here the only way we seem to get seen is if we throw a tantrum.

We are not asking for fixes to new bugs NOW we are asking for fixes to old bugs NOW, you know the not to be named exploit, plus others that have been brought forth. I still have issues with certain things in ground combat since launch, the stuck in firing animation, every character I have gets it, and I can only use melee weapons and some energy because it has spread from the sniper rifle it originally started on. Or the hey on my sovvy the deflector is gold now but my saucer still shows blue lighting effects or the 987098709870 ship name bug. They all are little bugs that individually are insignificant but when you put them together this game starts to enter Ford Pinto territory.

The Mods have been a little heavy handed, I know their job is not easy I have moderated a few dozen interwebz forum sites so I understand but they seem to have forgotten one thing, they are the voice of reason. They cannot let attacks effect them on a personal level. While we the community responds with emotion Mods need to respond with reason, sometimes reason lets things slightly outside the rules slide because the point is good. The mods as of late have responded with the same emotion, it seems, as the community has responded to them.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-16-2011, 08:09 AM
We haven't gotten what we deserve as far as treatment but all the negative talk isn't helping us get it any quicker.

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-16-2011, 09:01 AM
I think we need to start a new habit and post crucial information, bugs and complains at the start of the week, not towards the week-end.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Decatur
well it didnt take too long for the call for maturity to be answered with a personal attack on dstahl. the time to act like spoiled children in the cereal isle is over. seriously.
the main reason i play this game is that devs listen to players more here than any other mmo i have played. the "i want it now" attitude needs to be tempered with reality. remember launch? want them to just rush a bunch of stuff to just toss it in game?
I agree the direct attack is childish and totally uncalled for but this is what happens when the person in charge of the game makes his rounds through the forum and NEVER stops in on the PVP section. DStahl has made 50 something posts in the forum since the begining of the month unfortunately none have taken place in the PVP section and there have been many issues that I am sure if they were handled correctly, 95% of this could have been avoided. Communication goes a long way.....lack there of creates ambiguity!

Quote:
its far better to add content on a steady pace and in due time after testing. To rush, work thru bug reports, wade thru posts here (by the same folks that complain about the lack of content and fixes), and rework, fix or redo content is counter productive.
HUH ? Adding content, where ???? That I think is one of the main issues with Space PVP , there has been absolutley no new content E V E R for the Space PVP community period and the game has been out over a year, exactly how long are we supposed to hang on here. Sorry bug fixes and repairing things I can't talk about or receive a infraction are not content...

Seriously I wish they would just tell us that they have nothing planned and most if not all would move on to some other game even though a lot of us have a lot of money invested in this game through subs and c-store purchases!

Quote:
lets stay focused and mature and try to work together to get the pvp features we all want to see in the game. so take a deep breath and relax. keep asking good questions to devs about pvp so we can get good answers. it will take some time but there is some light to be seen in the eng. report.
/rant off... do the same
Again its a perception issue, DStahl has never answered a single space pvp question that I can recall in the "ask cryptic" monthly questioner. Tell me that doesn't speak volumes, and you wonder why the pvp community is upset, come on, give me a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
[font="Arial Black"] [

Long Term
Designs and features being considered for updates further in the future
  • More PVP Maps
  • Territory Control Game
How long exactly is long term, 3 months, 6 months, a year or even 2 years. All the while we are supposed to chill and continue paying for the same crap we have had since launch ? Yeah right!

Chill LMAO! I would like some straight answers and have have the developers stop side-stepping and get to the nitty-gritty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECarter262001 View Post
We haven't gotten what we deserve as far as treatment but all the negative talk isn't helping us get it any quicker.

/signed
Please tell me whats positive about space pvp at this time ? Things can't get much slower than nonexistant can they ?

Edited to add last comment...
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Please don't tell me L2P, I believe I know how.

Anyway, I believe that we have shown more than enough patience in the past year. But now it's running out for most of us.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Everything is fine, no worries here.
Oh Look, there's my seat in the back.
You can start the bus again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ypZSJ2_RDY