Lt. Commander
MINI GAMES - During combat and each Class having their own mini games which are triggered by certain events, events that the team must pull together to perform. The idea being that this would happen in STF's where there is a 5 man team.

Say we bring a Tac cubes shield down, how about a mini game that appears for the Engineer of the team and only 1 member of the team. The mini game could be to do with transporting an explosive device aboard the cube. Fail the mini and lose that chance. Tactical mini game could be to do with targetting a specific system such as the shield generator, taking the shields down as we do with our powers, but doing it with the mini game allows the Engineer to get his mini game/s. Science could be first to obtain their mini game, possibly something to do with making the shields weak enough or scrambling the borg to allow tactical that vital hit on the shield generator.

This would be more intense, more team and add the explination of how you managed to take out a Borg Tactical Cube.

Somewhere in all this boarding could happen. Say 2 players only with objectives such as destroying specific systems while the rest of the team are still firing on the cube from space.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-15-2011, 07:49 AM
i would find that extremely annoying during actual combat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2011, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idali
i would find that extremely annoying during actual combat.
So in otherwords you don't want a Star Trek simulator, the bridge experiance of real tactical decisions,pressure,good timing,accuracy etc. Some do, the games easy right now, even a Borg tactical cube is not hard it just takes time due to hull size, I could handle another box on the hud that offers a constant and brings some sense to us actually being able to destory a cube in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2011, 01:49 AM
I would find it annoying as well. Perhaps you think we should have more people necesary to take them down, say 20? Perhaps we board them and disable the ship from both the inside and outside, have 1-2 people from the ships go aboard, while everyone else attacks from the outside? Then those outside, wonder what happened to the ships, because I don't want to leave my ship in the hands of an automated computer.
Lt. Commander
a cube should be (nearly) a fleet action or so. I need minimal three times longer for one sphere.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I agree that cubes should be more difficult, but I'm not sure thats the way to go about it. Maybe a fleet action where the objective is to take on an "assimilation cube" a borg cube that bigger than the tactical cubes we normally encounter and much more durable and resiliant. I think it could be fairly straight forward to come up with a story for the action (Cube is on its way to the Sol System, etc. etc.).
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
So in otherwords you don't want a Star Trek simulator, the bridge experiance of real tactical decisions,pressure,good timing,accuracy etc. Some do, the games easy right now, even a Borg tactical cube is not hard it just takes time due to hull size, I could handle another box on the hud that offers a constant and brings some sense to us actually being able to destory a cube in the first place.
You probably can't call me a true trekkie, but I really like the way the game is now, its like the perfect blend between Star Trek and another space RPG/Adventure game.

However, I do agree that it should be more entertaining and challenging to bring Mammoth enemies down. Not just the tactical cube, but the Jupiter dreadnought, the Scimitar and any Enemy flagship should be MUCH BIGGER and MUCH TOUGHER. It should give you the feeling "I conquered that piece o' junk."
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Well the STF are 5 man so 10 or 20 players is not going to happen in current missions.

What could be added is an away mission. Various objectives to do with disabling systems within the cube. Beam back to your ship and continue where you left of.

I done something similiar in Klingon Scout Force, there was a disabled Fed ship with Klingons on it. Only seen that ship once, was fun.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2011, 05:57 PM
the scimitar is actually a pretty good example. it's not too tough but it has the thalaron wave weapon which is an insta kill. That sort of 'space terrain hazard' is a perfect thing for big enemies.

or any sort of special unique weapon, really.

like...

emergency heavy torpedo spam.... 10 heavy plasma torps spewing out from each corner! ack!