Lt. Commander
# 121
03-20-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun421 View Post
So unless a bug report is filed, we are to believe that Cryptic can do nothing about an issue?
Pretty much, yeah. Oh, if they have enough information to reproduce it and an indication more than one person is having it, they might file that bug themselves, but nobody will be doing any work on fixing it until that bug report exists, and the act of filing it gathers a lot of information about your client and character that is invaluable in isolating the problem.

This isn't unusual in the computer industry; at my company we don't work without a ticket, either. If someone emails, IMs, or phones me a problem, the first words out of my mouth are "send us a ticket and we'll get right on it". If I go to talk to somebody else about the problem, the first thing they want to know is the ticket number.
Lt. Commander
# 122
03-20-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
If I was allowed to wish for something from Cryptic, I'd like the system to be able to provide more feedback to the users. A ticket state change that goes beyond "New". Like "Processed in Bugtracking System" or "Scheduled for Fix". Even if you later don't track that "Rescheduled" or "Delayed" or "Will not Resolve" or "Cannot replicate"... Just a sign that more happens then adding a bunch of tickets to a large pile that might only be ritually burned every friday during the Startrek TV night.
I remember wishing for this feature back in Beta!

There were certain bug reports that had been "stickied" in beta and you could simply click on a button to add that you were experiencing the same problem.

If the search function for bug reports was fixed, people could simply look to see if a report was made and instead of creating a new standalone report, tag themselves as having this issue as well!

It could help the QA team to find and squash the most prevalent bugs.

/end of line
Lt. Commander
# 123
03-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatmaker69 View Post
There were certain bug reports that had been "stickied" in beta and you could simply click on a button to add that you were experiencing the same problem.

If the search function for bug reports was fixed, people could simply look to see if a report was made and instead of creating a new standalone report, tag themselves as having this issue as well!
I'm not sure if doing this would provide the devs with any additional useful information (not saying it wouldn't; I genuinely don't know). The main "stickied" bug I remember was the old "unscannable anomaly" bug. In that case, it was definitely helpful to have it stickied, because the problem was with the Genesis maps - the devs had to nuke the problem in each individual map. This explains why it was useful to "sticky" the bug report (the cause of the issue was known, but they needed the individual map information from each user), as well as why it took so long to fix (there was no "fix" that could address the issue on every map).

In the case of bugs which might be more idiosyncratic, I'm not sure if a blanket "me, too!" button would be quite as helpful for the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatmaker69 View Post

Are you aware my post was written prior to being moved here by a moderator? Did you get a chance to read the entire post and subsequent posts made in the thread? There is more to it than simply PVP.

While STF's and PVP are both a huge part of the end-game for me, it is not for the majority of the gaming population. Besides, many people here are adding their ideas constructively, while you continue to exhume your frustrations about what happened in the past.

While your focused there, your missing on your opportunity to help build this thread into an example for all to improve the game as a whole, similar to AKfourtyseven above.

If you feel that Crypic cannot live up to that expectation, perhaps you should start your own thread about how exasperated your are? Maybe your method will be as successful, maybe not. I invite you to give it a go and fill it with accusations, anger, blame and frustration!

I will be here, giving the opposite a try!
I know it was moved, but I referred to your later comment that I quoted, not your first post. I would have quoted your first post if I was referring to it. While it dealt with issues outside of PvP, half of it was focused on PvP, hence the move. How dare your second guess the Cryptic masters? They put you in the correct sub-forum.

I encourage you to try as you will to continue posting suggestions. I really do. But I've been around here nearly as long as you, and I've seem to run out of patience. But you haven't, so good on ya. I've run out of constructive posts, and I've posted a lot. So why do I continue something blatantly negative you ask? Well, if we were all meek little mice and never said anything, would Cryptic bother to notice, or would they think their falling subs was due to bad advertising? Negative feedback can have a powerful effect. See earlier posts and examples. It seems to be a trend.

I made quite a detailed post, on a specific topic YOU brought up, and you singled out a single piece of it. If you feel I'm so wrong, feel free to write a educated post on why I'm incorrect. Otherwise, feel free to browse my backlog of posts to get some more ideas for your suggestions. I'm done posting them.

Also from your first post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatmaker69
PVP is also the only end-game content
If this is true, and PvP and STFs is the minority, then what is the majority playing? Dailies? That makes this game look really bad. No wonder people are mad about lack of content.
Lt. Commander
# 125
03-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
and fix that darned respawn bug.
I hate that thing.
What respawn bug? We don't have bugs only 'new features!'
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazKid
What respawn bug? We don't have bugs only 'new features!'
That darned "new feature" that respawns one at the wrong point.
I love that feature. :p
Lt. Commander
# 127
03-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
I can't help but be skeptical as well. This as well as many other bugs were reported many times and nothing happened. Forum rage and they get fixed almost immediately. And then Stormy says it was actually a bug report in the first place? Would that bug report actually have been taken seriously if it weren't for forum rage though? I'm not going to call Stormy a liar, but at the same time I'm not going to take her story at face value either. If what she said is true, then great. Continue to do that same thing more often and things will change for the better relatively quickly.
Pretty much this. Cryptic, your Customer support section needs to get nuked to the ground, and rebuilt from scratch. I wouldn't be saying this if it was ONCE, or TWICE. You guys have made a longterm HABIT, and it's affecting your relationship with the community. Stop brushing us off when we try to send bug reports to you, and we won't start getting ****ed off enough to scream at you across the forums. THAT is exactly what's happening.
Lt. Commander
# 128
03-21-2011, 08:33 AM
The following could have happened:
"Oh my, a bug! Best send in a bug report in game so they get in-game info! And now that this is end, I have a ticket number. This is really weird, so perhaps I should make extra sure someone saw it. I know, I can send a Community Ticket; I have seen these mentioned. And I'll give them the ticket number, so they know what is going on, too!"

That did not happen, not before we had to first ask and then enforce the forum rules. It happened after and after that, we were able to work on it.

That bug reports do not get updates externally has a number of reasons.
  • Some bugs are very hard to trace
  • Some bugs can lead to exploits which do not belong on the forums
  • Some bugs are caused by personal game settings
  • Some bugsare deemed minor and not changed
  • Some bugs would cause other, bigger issues if they are worked on
  • Some bugs cannot be corrected without other core elements being changed first
...and that is only a part of the list. Further our Devs and QA would have to do twice the work by doing an internal and an external report; matters could get lost and so forth.
I do not see a public bug forum / tracking report come any time soon. Sorry guys.

With that however:

GreatMaker69 :
I am very sorry your thread became so spammy and off-topic. I'll close this down now, as the actual core of your OP has been all but killed. I'd ask you to please re-open your thread with the topic you intended; maybe even with a topic that does not have "Cryptic" in it?
It was moved to the PvP Forums due to the PvP-centric ideas (PvP thoughts and PvE thoughs sometimes clash and I want to avoid a PvP vs PvE fight); please feel cree to make a seperate non-pvp topic on the General Discussion boards for your non-PvP thoughts if you wish.
Closed Thread