Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry update by Dan Stahl
03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Quote:
March 28th is the tentative date on when we expect the Foundry to go live on Holodeck. The team is diving through all the Foundry bugs and working to get as many of those last minute assets as we can into the system before it is unleashed. So within a few weeks, you could be experiencing amazing missions like “Rise of Darkness” for yourself. We are STOKED about this
Dan has stated in his latest Engineering Report that the migration to Holodeck will be around the end of next week. However, a Twitter post has clearly indicated NO way to move over our missions!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2011, 02:59 PM
As far as I know however, our missions will stay on Tribble, so they will be playable just not on holodeck.

I think that is right. Someone can correct me of course.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2011, 04:36 PM
They have been telling us this since the beginning. The few missions that they DID move to holodeck to "show off" the Foundry required a ton of time just to get them to work right, and some still had bugs from the move. Dev time should be spent working on official content, not trying to port Foundry missions to holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razoreye2005 View Post
Dan has stated in his latest Engineering Report that the migration to Holodeck will be around the end of next week. However, a Twitter post has clearly indicated NO way to move over our missions!
The foundry tool and the content database are 2 different things.
The foundry tool will be migrated, or rather added next week. The content database will not.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Yes, we have to start our missions from scratch. And no, there won't be a way to import them from Tribble. They said that from the very beginning.

I spent quite a lot of time making missions and really I look forward to redo my best ones more cleanly on Holodeck. I'm looking forward to the 28th.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2011, 04:16 AM
It's good to finally have a date for it - I absolutely can't wait for the 28th!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2011, 07:28 AM
I'm holding out on making more until it's out. But it's nice to have a pretty good idea of when we will see Foundry on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2011, 07:41 AM
This makes me very happy, Upset that I will be haltering my mission making for now but happy.

Want a review of your tribble mission before Holodeck.
Try my review Thread....
I will be continuing this on Holodeck too, for anyone interested in subscribing.

So the 28th is the big launch. Can't wait.

Oh and those needing to vent export/import, please keep it to this thread. I'm sick and tired of talking, hearing and thinking about it. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...23#post3427423 That comes with a Pretty Please....