Lt. Commander
# 1 For Every Action - Mission
03-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm really eager to hear some feedback on my mission, For Every Action. I've tried to craft a balanced mission about the length of a regular weekly episode.

I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on the quality of the plot. I don't want to give away too much, but the plot revolves around the exploitation of an unexpected group of refugees, and your crew's grappling with the potential consequences of helping them.

Also, I'm an English teacher so I've taken care to have very good spelling and grammar!

Anyhow, if you get a chance to play it, I'd really appreciate some feedback!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Sounds interesting! I'll definitely play this sometime tomorrow and give you some feedback
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks, Nagus. I look forward to your thoughts on it. I've been making mods for Bridge Commander for years now, but this is my first foray into mission creation for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Feel free to post it Here...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Just played your mission and it was alot of fun. Well designed, the maps looked nice, and everything worked perfectly. Interesting story too
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Thanks for playing, Grand Nagus. I plan to remake it for the holodeck when Foundry goes live. Any suggestions for improvement?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCurtis View Post
Thanks for playing, Grand Nagus. I plan to remake it for the holodeck when Foundry goes live. Any suggestions for improvement?
To be completely honest, no. To elaborate on that, I have a word doc I keep open when I'm playing a mission where I make notes of suggestions that I always send the mission author after I'm done. When I finished your mission, I had only made a couple of comments, and after I had completed the mission I honestly didnt think they really applied.

To give you an example, one of the notes I made was that the...I cant remember what you call the lady, but the leader of the planet...I had made a note that her office/chamber/etc seemed a little empty when you beam in there and say it seems like she should have had some kind of security or something...but a few mins later I saw that she did =p

The only thing I really didnt like was the fact that your mission had the Borg in it, and that is just because it seems like every other mission I play have Borg in them and I'm really just sick of seeing them. But then again, yours werent the normal Borg. But the story itself was great and very much like a Trek episode. And the mission itself was very well made
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Wow, that was a mission I hadn't expected to see. Very nice story, very good mission. Thanks for the episode.

4/5 Stars!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Very kind reviews, both of you. Thanks for taking the time to play the mission. I'll definitely be making more once Foundry hits Holodeck.

If anybody else gets the chance to play the mission, let me know what you think.