Lt. Commander
# 11
03-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Ok that sounds pretty cool, I myself only occasionally PvP, and when I do it's typically always space arena. I have a good all around captain, gear, stats, etc... I just enjoy space more, but the lunge kills do sound sweet
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-17-2011, 08:28 PM
We were doing the Klingon ground fleet action where you have to blow the pump things and move on. It started as just 2 of us trying to fight our way through. We were getting our demolished, but were still slowly but surely making progress. Every 5 to 10 minutes a new person would join and we'd make a concerted and coordinated push and get further.

By the end we had 15 people who had never met before working as a concerted team with squads and flanking manuevers...Healers knew where to be, Tactical knew exactly which targets to engage...it was the most spontaneously organized and organic "raid" i've ever seen.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-17-2011, 10:18 PM
It's always refreshing to know that STO attracts people willing to work together for a goal and not a game full of leroy jenkins's
Lt. Commander
# 14 A classic trek getaway.
03-21-2011, 07:30 PM
Recently, my cousin and I have been teaming up to help eachother out on missions.

Recently we went on one of the upper Fed missions where you need to rescue colonists caught in the crossfire between the Borg and the Undine.

Anyhow, we had all but accomplished the mission, rescued the colonists, whooped up on both the Borg and the Undine. However, towards the end, an Undine vessel in orbit starts firing off orbital strikes at you. The mission had been completed, but one of the little fun gags we pull is trying to beat eachother to the anomolies scattered around.

I watched my cousin whip out the tricorder and saw a directional becon appear, then just as suddenly he and his team beamed up. I thought, heck if you won't take it, I will. So, I pull out my tricorder and do a quick scan. To my dismay, the directional indicator was pointing towards a crate of goodies but no anomolies were detected (explaining why my cousin just beamed back up.)

With a sigh, I tap my combadge and prepare to beam back. While watching the orbital strikes continuing to pound the planet, I almost can hear my Captain hollaring "Take us up!" My away team vanishes in a shimmer of transporter energy, but at the last possible second of the cutscene... an orbital strike hits dead center in the middle of the camera vaporizing the very ground my team and I stood on mere seconds before.

Laughing hysterically, I told my cousin what he missed planetside.
Lt. Commander
# 15 where's my bo?
03-22-2011, 03:52 PM
All you are is a thief. You scammed me out of 15 million with your bogus trade. Problem is you can't see a bridge officers stats once it's in the trade window. You gave me a worthless uncommon bo and did not uphold your end of the deal.

From my posts, there are 2 other captains that have the exact same situation as me.

BE WARNED Keyes is a thief!
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2011, 11:54 PM
@ Great_Fellini: Wow, if this is your greatest moment in STO. I am truely sorry.

Back on topic, there was one other time I was fighting romulans. I was down to minimal health and took refuge behind some crates. Unfortunately a romulan came around the corner and managed to either stun me, knock me back or both. Either way, I was lying on the ground unable to move watching the romulan get ready to make his killing strike, when all of a sudden he arches back screams and vaporizes before my eyes.

Wondering what just happened, the man I designated my security chief strolled around the corner, phaser rifle in hand. New Accolade Earned: Captain's pet. Gained when one saves the arse of their superior officer.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Greatest..more like worst
03-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Just trying to warn other captains to be careful. If it was your credits lost you would feel differently.

Thanks for the helpful fighting strategy. Hide behind a crate while your away team does all the work. You must be a real animal in pvp!
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-26-2011, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
I just wonder if it is ony my opinion or do others want timers with a nice game over?
No thanks on the timer.