Lt. Commander
# 1 Polarize malfunction
03-17-2011, 03:06 AM
I saw Azurian posting about this in a thread a few days ago, but couldn't find what thread it was, so I started a new one. (Actually, this time I'm supporting his claim )

I believe according to the tooltip, Polarize Hull is supposed to make you 'Immune' to tractorbeams. This is no longer the case.

When you get one player TB on you, PH works as intended. The problem starts with multiple TBs (Or with Tractor Mine Beams, not sure)

Seems the more TBs you get on you, the more it slows your ship. I was in a tractor-mine-cluster and about to run away the other day. I hit PH, Evasive, and burned an Engine Battery, and this did not even bring me out of the 10km range of the enemies :p (I had no chroniton debuffs on me)

I belive PH needs some dev attention.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2011, 03:59 AM
i wonder if that makes the higher levels more useful?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2011, 07:13 AM
They did this to PH in Season 2 IIRC. PH was one and ST was another power that had a CHANCE to negate a negative effect. Basically a fully skilled PH1 negates low skilled TB1 but not a fully Specced TB1. In the end the negative effect wins out because a fully specced TB3 beats fully specced PH3. THe changes were done when they made Aux matter.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
They did this to PH in Season 2 IIRC. PH was one and ST was another power that had a CHANCE to negate a negative effect. Basically a fully skilled PH1 negates low skilled TB1 but not a fully Specced TB1. In the end the negative effect wins out because a fully specced TB3 beats fully specced PH3. THe changes were done when they made Aux matter.
this sux... Immune is immune, and the way i understand polarize it's supposed to be a either/or skill
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
this sux... Immune is immune, and the way i understand polarize it's supposed to be a either/or skill
It's the same for APO. In the tooltip it states immune but the more snares, roots etc. are applied on you, the less the effect of APO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Wow very interesting and makes a lot of sense. I have run into the problem and thought it was just a bug! I'm now wondering if it it worth getting PH1 now..
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Where does the effect of TB starrt to complete negate the effects of PH? If a fully specced TB1 still slows a non specced PH1, does a fully specced PH1 negate a TB1? Would a TB2 fully specced completely reder PH1 useless?

Where is the overlap? What numbers do we look at to compare PH strength to TB strength?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
and it will suck more if this idea takes off.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=207288
I can see the reasoning behind the proposal but not how it brings a balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathos_Daimon
It's the same for APO. In the tooltip it states immune but the more snares, roots etc. are applied on you, the less the effect of APO.
I can understand this effect in regards to ApO as one is attempting to outmanevuer the incoming TBs. The more TBs the harder this should be to do.
PH though should be less effected by multiple TBs, all things being equal.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun421 View Post
Where does the effect of TB starrt to complete negate the effects of PH? If a fully specced TB1 still slows a non specced PH1, does a fully specced PH1 negate a TB1? Would a TB2 fully specced completely reder PH1 useless?

Where is the overlap? What numbers do we look at to compare PH strength to TB strength?
A fully speeced counter in this case PH1 will most likely be negated by a full specced TB1. It would seem the the PH, and ST will always be a step behind the skills it is supposed to counter. That is why so man have problems with SS, because SS follows the same progression. Fully specced ST1 clears less then fully specced SS1, but a fully speeced SS1 doesn't clear usually against a fully specced ST1.

THe only way to find the overlap would be costly because it would require one on one testing with numerous respecs by both parties.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Yeah thats true, testing it would be a PITA.

But its good to know that the offensive powers always overpower their counters. That makes total sense...