Lt. Commander
# 11
03-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun421 View Post
Yeah thats true, testing it would be a PITA.

But its good to know that the offensive powers always overpower their counters. That makes total sense...

Except when it comes to Tactical Buffs/Debuffs versus Sci Buff/Debuffs
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Ok there seems to be a lot of misinformation on the forums that needs to be cleared up.

So if you have the answers and can actually back it up chime in.

Clearing Science Debuffs/Skills
Scramble Sensors
Counters: Science Team
Mechanisms:
Mechanism A is that there is some sort of interplay between the Scramble skill level and the Sci Team skill level in determining if it is cleared.

Mechanism B is that any Sci Team will clear any Scramble (as per skill description)

My experience: Mechanism B is correct. Any science team will clear any scramble sensors provided it lands on target. I can easily clear SS3 with Sci Team I.

Tractor Beam
Counters: Attack Pattern Omega, Polarize Hull
Mechanism:
Mechanism A suggests an interplay between Polarize Hull skill levels and Tractor beam Levels. Not clue about Omega

Mechanism B suggests any Omega and any Polarize hull breaks any Tractor beam.

My experience: Well pre Cloaked Tractor Beam mines, i found Polarize Hull I and Omega I can break any tractor beam. Lately with lag however, it seems that sometimes I get jerky movement where I alternate between being free for half a sec and snagged for half sec with Omega. Polarize Hull I I find to still break all tractor beams
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
Ok there seems to be a lot of misinformation on the forums that needs to be cleared up.

So if you have the answers and can actually back it up chime in.

Clearing Science Debuffs/Skills
Scramble Sensors
Counters: Science Team
Mechanisms:
Mechanism A is that there is some sort of interplay between the Scramble skill level and the Sci Team skill level in determining if it is cleared.

Mechanism B is that any Sci Team will clear any Scramble (as per skill description)

My experience: Mechanism B is correct. Any science team will clear any scramble sensors provided it lands on target. I can easily clear SS3 with Sci Team I.

Tractor Beam
Counters: Attack Pattern Omega, Polarize Hull
Mechanism:
Mechanism A suggests an interplay between Polarize Hull skill levels and Tractor beam Levels. Not clue about Omega

Mechanism B suggests any Omega and any Polarize hull breaks any Tractor beam.

My experience: Well pre Cloaked Tractor Beam mines, i found Polarize Hull I and Omega I can break any tractor beam. Lately with lag however, it seems that sometimes I get jerky movement where I alternate between being free for half a sec and snagged for half sec with Omega. Polarize Hull I I find to still break all tractor beams
If what are saying is true then it is an intermittent bug some experience and others do not like the stuck in firing/tricorder animation.

Would it surprise me its a glitch or a bug, no. I just know from experience that my ST and my PH does not counter everything it is supposed to 100% of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
I saw Azurian posting about this in a thread a few days ago, but couldn't find what thread it was, so I started a new one. (Actually, this time I'm supporting his claim )

I believe according to the tooltip, Polarize Hull is supposed to make you 'Immune' to tractorbeams. This is no longer the case.

When you get one player TB on you, PH works as intended. The problem starts with multiple TBs (Or with Tractor Mine Beams, not sure)

Seems the more TBs you get on you, the more it slows your ship. I was in a tractor-mine-cluster and about to run away the other day. I hit PH, Evasive, and burned an Engine Battery, and this did not even bring me out of the 10km range of the enemies :p (I had no chroniton debuffs on me)

I belive PH needs some dev attention.
I've been talking about this one for quite a while (long before Azzy did), PH nor APO work correctly with multiple TBs. I first noticed this back when The Breen missions became available.

It's only worse with the CTBs. Especially when Chroniton gets thrown in the mix.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-18-2011, 02:34 AM
I can confirm Mavairo - atleast for APO - the issue was already there before the Cloaked mines and became very noticable for me when snare/root tactics became more widely used and during the breen mission. Although the skill descriptions states "immune" this immunity is gone once you are hit by multiple movement imparing effects such as tractorr, chroniton or GW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I can understand this effect in regards to ApO as one is attempting to outmanevuer the incoming TBs. The more TBs the harder this should be to do.
PH though should be less effected by multiple TBs, all things being equal.
From an RPG standpoint i could support your statement, but from the tooltip and skills description there ist no distinction between PH and APO. Both are labelled as "immune" and so should show the same effect.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathos_Daimon
From an RPG standpoint i could support your statement, but from the tooltip and skills description there ist no distinction between PH and APO. Both are labelled as "immune" and so should show the same effect.
Was merely an observation on my part. I have no issues with the current mechanics other than its inability to work smoothly on more than one TB at times.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-18-2011, 06:26 AM
Quote:

Not sure about this. I came up against a ship with a wicked long scramble last night, and science team 1 failed to clear it...I tried it multiple times.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Not sure about this. I came up against a ship with a wicked long scramble last night, and science team 1 failed to clear it...I tried it multiple times.

Not to be snarky but I will ask before that poster does, are you sure it wasn't 2 of them, were you doing it right.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Provided the Sci Team lands on Target, it will clear it. However, even if you are targetting yourself and it seems like no one is in your field of view, it is not 100% guaranteed that your Sci team will hit you. I've had it hit someone who was 7 km behind my camera. So no,I didn't get cleared, but they sure did.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Provided the Sci Team lands on Target, it will clear it. However, even if you are targetting yourself and it seems like no one is in your field of view, it is not 100% guaranteed that your Sci team will hit you. I've had it hit someone who was 7 km behind my camera. So no,I didn't get cleared, but they sure did.
So what does it mean when I see the ST effect on my ship but it doesn't clear?