Lt. Commander
# 1 Do you use uber 1337 gear?
03-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Just curious as to what everyone's running as far as their gear setups. Are you running all purple equipment and weapons? Did you farm for emblems? Craft them?

Personally, I still use all green Uncommon Mk X gear (consoles and Phaser Arrays/Quantum Torps), except for the Borg Deflector/Engines/Console, Covariant Mk X Cap x3 Shields, and Field Generator Mk XI. I like having "gimped" gear. It makes victory/doing well in Arenas all the sweeter :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2011, 09:15 AM
I run as much purple as I can and yes I farm for emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2011, 09:17 AM
I run as much rare mk xii as i can because there is really nothing better out dps whise. The rest of course is mk xi purple gear drops or emblems the crafted stuff isn't even good enough to beat a green mk xii.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2011, 09:18 AM
I crafted the Aegis set for 3 toons and bought one for a fourth. The fifth is collecting as much anomalies as she can as she grinds herself to General, to then transfer them over to my dedicated crafter for a fifth set.

I have two Transwarp Engines so far across all 5 characters.

I do not actively farm Emblems, but I try to acquire purple Mark XI or other Mark XII gear. I use Ker'rat occassionally as a source of energy credits and buy myself neat looking stuff on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2011, 09:30 AM
I change gear quite often, so I generally run green or blue gear mk X, XI gear. To be honest, the bonus weapon mods are nice, but they aren't all that noticeable. It is easy to get away with using common gear. Of course, I have got the Aegis gear on all my toons and since consoles are so cheap I have got all Mk XI rare consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2011, 09:34 AM
Most of my characters are either all Mk X Purples, or a few Mk XI Purples and/or Blues with a few Greens or White MK XII Consoles. And all of my high level characters either run full Sets or partial Sets + Covariant Mk X [cap x3] depending on the character.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2011, 12:25 PM
All my weapons are purple mk xi's. Half were crafted, the other half were bought with emblems, based upon what bonuses I wanted on them. I run a crafted Aegis set. For my consoles, bought them all on the exchange, and they're almost all blue mk xi's, because they give the biggest boost possible in game right now, except my quantum tac console, which gives the max of +26 at blue mk x.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Aegis set, borg set.
consoles are all mk 11 blue due to emblem gains.
Weapons all vary from 10 blue to 12 blue....all depends on the type and stats.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Blue MK xi consoles.

Purple weapons MK xi, one notably being a DHC ACCx3.

Borg set except for covariant capx3 shields.

Sometimes use a blue MK x speedx2 engine for fun.

Emblems, stfs and luck.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I crafted the Aegis set for 3 toons and bought one for a fourth. The fifth is collecting as much anomalies as she can as she grinds herself to General, to then transfer them over to my dedicated crafter for a fifth set.

I have two Transwarp Engines so far across all 5 characters.

I do not actively farm Emblems, but I try to acquire purple Mark XI or other Mark XII gear. I use Ker'rat occassionally as a source of energy credits and buy myself neat looking stuff on the exchange.
If you have already got a character able to craft the Aegis, farming the materials for a whole set is cake. It took me +/- 90 minutes to get enough materials by farming Azelas Expanse. That included all the rare particle traces. Your miliage may vary, of course, but even if you just spend a half hour a day for a couple few days youll have your materials in no time. I am so glad that they didn't make the Aegis set BoP because grinding the crafting skill points is a real pain.

For me, my main was decked out in all of the shiney Mk X rare gear. Slowly starting to acquire Mk XI/XII gear.