Lt. Commander
Content Designer "Gozer" discusses content updates in this Subspace Radio interview. Give it a listen here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
Content Designer "Gozer" discusses content updates in this Subspace Radio interview. Give it a listen here.

Link to the news article.
Just wanted to send a "welcome" and "hello" to Blue_Fire.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSterling
Just wanted to send a "welcome" and "hello" to Blue_Fire.
From the looks of it Blue_Fire has been around the forums for a while, just part of the French Community of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumikumi View Post
From the looks of it Blue_Fire has been around the forums for a while, just part of the French Community of STO.
Hmmm....I was under the impression that Blue_Fire was new but either way they are new to me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Awesome, just downloaded
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Question: maybe I missed something but when I visited subspace radio's site, I noticed their slogan is "the voices of star trek online" and I'm musta wondering did cryptic officially gave them some type of honorary title or partnership rights or something?
I honestly try listening to their stream and personally I can't stand it and that's ok because everyone is different to each his own. But for them to make that kind of a statement "the voice of star trek online", they sound like arrogant, pretentious jerks, in my honest opinion. What makes them any different from STOked, priority one, hailing frequency, star trek radio or any of the other numerous and redundant information and interview sources this community has? But I was just asking if I missed a news article saying they could make a declarative statement like that. Did I miss something?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2011, 06:42 PM
hmm, the stuff about interiors and the mission tools was interesting.

TBH i'd rather have interiors that were useable for missions rather than interiors you can choose. But oh well, too late now i suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Dear Subspace Radio,

Congratulations on getting Gozer to come on to your show and participate in an interview.

I do have one question however. Have you ever seen or heard someone being interviewed on TV or radio? Have you ever noticed that professional TV and radio programs will often play music and the beginning and ending of a show? Professionals never play music during the show, and especially not while someone is talking or being interviewed.

Do you know why?

Because when you play music in the background while people are talking it is difficult to understand what the people are saying. Some people even find it annoying, preferring to either listen to music or listen to someone talk, but not both at the same time.

Professional TV and radio shows never play music while someone is being interviewed, and you guys shouldn't either.

Take care and have a good weekend.

- Peregrine Falcon
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Dear Subspace Radio,

Congratulations on getting Gozer to come on to your show and participate in an interview.

I do have one question however. Have you ever seen or heard someone being interviewed on TV or radio? Have you ever noticed that professional TV and radio programs will often play music and the beginning and ending of a show? Professionals never play music during the show, and especially not while someone is talking or being interviewed.

Do you know why?

Because when you play music in the background while people are talking it is difficult to understand what the people are saying. Some people even find it annoying, preferring to either listen to music or listen to someone talk, but not both at the same time.

Professional TV and radio shows never play music while someone is being interviewed, and you guys shouldn't either.

- Peregrine Falcon
I notices that too falcon isn't that freakin annoying? Lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2011, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by science_officer_brooks View Post
Question: maybe I missed something but when I visited subspace radio's site, I noticed their slogan is "the voices of star trek online" and I'm musta wondering did cryptic officially gave them some type of honorary title or partnership rights or something?
I honestly try listening to their stream and personally I can't stand it and that's ok because everyone is different to each his own. But for them to make that kind of a statement "the voice of star trek online", they sound like arrogant, pretentious jerks, in my honest opinion. What makes them any different from STOked, priority one, hailing frequency, star trek radio or any of the other numerous and redundant information and interview sources this community has? But I was just asking if I missed a news article saying they could make a declarative statement like that. Did I miss something?
As stated in another topic, we've had this name and tag line for over a year. We do provide on a daily basis, information of upcoming patches, posts that are relevant to STO. Do we claim to be the true voice of Star Trek Online or Cryptic Studios in that manner? Not at all. Why this is now just becoming an issue with people is baffling to us on the Operations team. We are not arrogant, we can be jerks though from time to time hehe :p. But in a good way. I'm sorry you don't like our tag line but it's just that. A tag line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Dear Subspace Radio,

Do you know why?

- Peregrine Falcon
The reason why we have background music while our DJ's are speaking is because a lot of them DJ from a bedroom or home where background noise is very easy to hear. We are not in a professional studio where there is never background noise. Using background music tends to drone it out, and allow for the voices of the DJ and interviewee to be prominent. While we did have one issue last year where the music was too loud in comparison, we take every effort to make sure the music is low enough to where it's blocking out any background noises, but not so much that it covers up the voices.