Lt. Commander
# 1 Auto-Group for PvP
03-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Can we add an auto-group function to the PvP maps. I feel it is kinda rediculas that I have to request a team in an environment that it should be obvious to group up.

We used to have auto group at launch when you would play missions and someone was doing the same mission as you. Why did that ever go away? That should make a comeback and should be implemented into PvP maybe even Fleet Actions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Can we add an auto-group function to the PvP maps. I feel it is kinda rediculas that I have to request a team in an environment that it should be obvious to group up.

We used to have auto group at launch when you would play missions and someone was doing the same mission as you. Why did that ever go away? That should make a comeback and should be implemented into PvP maybe even Fleet Actions.
I'm down with this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Oh god yes please.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Instead of just saying yes can you say why you think it's important to you please?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
or just a button that joins you to a default team, so your not forced into the group if for some reason you dont want to. autoteaming might go badly if your already on a team when you start. especially in C&H matches that have more than 5 people starting and some are already grouped.

ie, if seven of you join and three of you press the button and those three automatically become a team. the other four can either join later or start their own team if they wish.

the team grouping size would probably need to be increased in size to ten of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
We used to have auto group at launch when you would play missions and someone was doing the same mission as you. Why did that ever go away?
its still there but you might need to adjust your options under group settings. it might be set so you can only join a team on the same difficulty as you or it might set set to off. although im not sure if it works on featured episodes as ive never grouped on one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
the devs mentioned this about a year ago around the time of the "significant kdf only content" quote.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Two big reasons to team:
1) So someone can be the team leader and the other's can follow their direction (where the team goes and who the team targets)
Auto teaming doesn't really help this because there's only a small chance that the person who wants to, or at least is willing to, lead get's auto chosen as the leader. This is the also the biggest reason why teams do or do not get created. If someone wants to be a leader they endeavor to get others to join a team they create, if not there won't be a team. Unless, there's a support player who actually wants to perform that role and therefore starts a team that they don't want to lead. Because of...
2) So it's easier for a support player (healer, buffer, etc.) to target their teammates.
Unfortunately we don't really see too much of this support others behavior in PUG's whether they are teamed or not.
Teaming is great and often happens if there are players who are going to take on the various roles found in a team. Otherwise, meh to being teamed or not.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2011, 02:06 PM
In PvP it is pretty important to the success of the match.

I'm not saying that if you are already in a group that you would drop your current to join the pvp team. Maybe they could override if none of your team is in PvP that you could still be part of the PvP team and when the match is over you auto drop team and go back to who you were with before.

I don't think that auto teaming would change the face of the PvP match as the loan rangers will still head out and commit suicide will those that are trying to win will work in coordination with each to try and win.

I would just enjoy going into a match and already know who else is in the zone especially if I'm a late arrival.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2011, 02:12 PM
We have asked for this over a year and they wont do it. You can't even make ten player groups for PVP. We have also asked for twenty players groups for fleet actions but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. If it happens at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
We have asked for this over a year and they wont do it. You can't even make ten player groups for PVP. We have also asked for twenty players groups for fleet actions but I don't think it will happen anytime soon. If it happens at all.
I don't believe in no win scenarios!