Lt. Commander
# 31
03-23-2011, 10:51 AM
still... asking questions will only get you so far... we all have our little tricks of the trade, that we don't spill to anyone

Like running higher than 125 power to weapon. I didn't see a word about that until lately, and I myself haven't volunteered that information to others outside my fleet unless specifically asked. Also for tac-buffs increasing non-tac abilities... people used that for months, and I didn't hear about it until 2 weeks before it was fixed!

If asked, we'll reveal 95% of our stuff, but keep back the last 5.

Still, most pugs will benefit greatly from learning the 95%!
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
still... asking questions will only get you so far... we all have our little tricks of the trade, that we don't spill to anyone

Like running higher than 125 power to weapon. I didn't see a word about that until lately, and I myself haven't volunteered that information to others outside my fleet unless specifically asked. Also for tac-buffs increasing non-tac abilities... people used that for months, and I didn't hear about it until 2 weeks before it was fixed!

If asked, we'll reveal 95% of our stuff, but keep back the last 5.

Still, most pugs will benefit greatly from learning the 95%!
Learning 5% would do most of them good because the game shifts slightly after each patch so. Hell if most learned how to properly out fit their skills would improve most of them 50%
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Quite simple - they see that what ever they have learned about their abilities and understood, will not work like that in PvP. That means the barrier to entry is even bigger, because you cannot even rely that what you have learned is still true.
Ironically, that is the state at the moment. Curbstomps, blowouts ... etc ... so one HAS to learn.