Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
With everything that's happening in Japan now I thought it might be nice to be able to visit what's left of the Klingon moon, Praxis. Visitors there, could view a memorial similar to the one at Wolf 359. When close enough to the memorial, a plaque (dialog box activation button) would appear that describes the Praxis catastrophe and would include something to the effect of, "This memorial is dedicated in honor of all those, who were lost and those who provided aid in the times of crisis we've faced here, in real life, on Earth." Followed by a list of the various natural and unnatural disasters faced by us humans all over the planet, such as Chernobyl, 3 Mile Island, ***ushima, Haiti, Mount Saint Helens, New Orleans, etc, all the way back to and including Pompeii. This list should include major disasters from around the world that are not related to wars or terrorism

The idea of this memorial is three fold.
  1. It shows that no matter what our various backgrounds we can all come together and help one another, or at least offer said help, in times of crisis. Just as Sulu offered immediate aid to the Klingons when Praxis exploded.
  2. It provides a little fluff content for the KDF, that might encourage some to at least create a KDF character, if for no other reason than to visit the memorial and pay their respects.
  3. It could take a less time for the dev team to create than an actual mission and thus might be able to be added between now and the Season 4 release.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Sounds fine to me, though I doubt the Devs will want memorials to real life events in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2011, 04:14 PM
I like the Praxis memorial idea too. While I agree with your sentiments about memorial to real life events, I think that some people may find ones in this game to be in poor taste.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2011, 01:32 AM
In your post is the reason why this should not be done. Linking Chernobyl to Three Mile Island requires you not to understand what happened at both or either. Lets keep games fun

If you want to do something , give to the Japaese Red Cross or the US Navy.
If you are a US citazen, uyour tax dollars are already hard at work there...

http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres...8March2011.pdf

A one page document of the tons of relief the US Navy has already provided.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Fine, just give us Praxis and don't link it to anything IRL
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2011, 08:41 AM
The only kind of ingame memorial I wouldn't mind seeing is one to Gene Roddenberry.

When Dungeons and Dragon creator Gary Gyax died, Dungeons and Dragons Online made a small public area (in a graveyard no less) with a memorial plaque for him.
I could see STO could owe it's exsistance to Gene enough they could do something like that without lessening the "fun" of STO, don't ya think.
Perhaps a great bird with stars in the background (his nickname was "the Great Bird of the Galaxy)
food for thought...
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
Fine, just give us Praxis and don't link it to anything IRL
I don't see the klingon faction making a memorial.

The federation sure if he moon was destroyed and people died but not the klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
I don't see the klingon faction making a memorial.

The federation sure if he moon was destroyed and people died but not the klingons.
Then what are all the statues and such all around the Great Hall, courtyard, etc. if not to honor fallen warriors and great leaders? Klingons most definitely would create such a memorial to those who died in service to the empire. It wouldn't be all touchy feely like a Federation memorial, instead if would more likely praise the warriors as honorable and dieing a good death.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monthar
Then what are all the statues and such all around the Great Hall, courtyard, etc. if not to honor fallen warriors and great leaders? Klingons most definitely would create such a memorial to those who died in service to the empire. It wouldn't be all touchy feely like a Federation memorial, instead if would more likely praise the warriors as honorable and dieing a good death.
Yes those memorials are not to represent something they are ashamed of but something they are proud of.

Praxis is not anything the Klingons are proud of but something they are ashamed of. What glory is there to be killed in an accidental explosion of a moon?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
The only kind of ingame memorial I wouldn't mind seeing is one to Gene Roddenberry.

When Dungeons and Dragon creator Gary Gyax died, Dungeons and Dragons Online made a small public area (in a graveyard no less) with a memorial plaque for him.
I could see STO could owe it's exsistance to Gene enough they could do something like that without lessening the "fun" of STO, don't ya think.
Perhaps a great bird with stars in the background (his nickname was "the Great Bird of the Galaxy)
food for thought...
A decommissioned Bird of Prey named the I.K.S. Roddenberry, locked in orbit of the remnants of Praxis, would probably do the trick. The plaque could read something like, "In honor of the creator and greatest of all warriors who fought to keep Star Trek alive. Without him, the Klingon Empire would surely have fallen to her foes."

A similar memorial could be placed somewhere in Federation space and for each new playable faction that comes later. All with a theme and plaque appropriate to the faction who's territory it's place in.