Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship customisation?
03-18-2011, 10:04 AM
I just grinded my way through the last remnants of the LT ranks on my Gorn. I was quite pleased to finally be a LC so that I could get a new Bird of Prey and finally get some proper abilities on my ship.

But once I got the T2 BoP and went over Bekk at the shipyard told me all I could choose from was a lick of paint. So I went and got the Raptor and the Battle Cruiser as well and found that they have even LESS options than the BoP when it comes to customisation.

Now I am properly disappointed in this. I expected to be able to choose from atleast 2 or 3 hull configurations for each class of ship, just as the FEDs get.

Perhaps someone can explain to me why there is no choice to be had at all for the KDF? I mean it's been over a year since launch, are my expectations really that extreme when I assume that there will be options for ship customisation?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Ask the players that always shout "You are the minority, you deserve nothing, be glad you're allowed to play on the same servers, now got back to PvP and explode on our command or we'll go back to the forums and have you nerfed!" whenever somone asks "Perhaps the KDF could get..."

Oh and welcone to the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Better yet, ask Dan Stahl, the head of the Star Trek Online development team, who said basically the same thing.

And if that's not enough, he followed it up with a healthy dose of - And if you don't like it then jump out the car!

So yeah. That's how the STO dev team feels about their paying customers who prefer the KDF to Starfleet. And that's why, over a year later, we still have next to nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
I find that the "only 12% of the players plays KDF" argument is both the cause and effect of the lack of equal content.

As it stands I don't particularly feel like playing KDF much, because of the lack of content. And I'm probably not alone in this position. While at the same time, because there are so few people playing it there is less of an incentive for the Devs to put out more content.

Seems like a catch-22 to me.

Still it doesn't take away that after the B'rel with it's 2 choices for hull design, I kind of expected that across the full range. I honestly don't think that's an expectation that's lightyears beyond what can reasonably be expected of this game.
Ship customisation is almost half of a player's character customisation, yet with KDF it's aparently missing most of the time.

Well I guess this explains why I never saw any variation in KDF ships, I always expected the other options to be either very subtle (untrained eye won't see them subtle) or so dead ugly that noone would pick them. But it turns out there simply aren't any other options.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Ask the players that always shout "You are the minority, you deserve nothing, be glad you're allowed to play on the same servers, now got back to PvP and explode on our command or we'll go back to the forums and have you nerfed!" whenever somone asks "Perhaps the KDF could get..."

Oh and welcone to the KDF.
Aye, welcome to the KDF indeed....

I hear chants of "we shall overcome"..in the background...JK but seriously, there are some things that need to be addressed before everybody here feels like they are being purposefully left out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2011, 04:10 PM
The funny thing is that I liked it better before they addet those half-made second skins in s1. Because they not only addet unbelievable uggly skinns, they screwed up the old good-looking skins the ships had before. Well at last the Hegh'ta looked better before; they should at last add the old version back as third option..
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I have been reading some about the Qang-class ship named after past Chancellors of the Empire. From some of the drawings, it seems to me that it could be a reasonable basis for third skin for the Vor'cha battlecruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-22-2011, 08:05 AM
The Devs will seriously add many ship skins or new ships for the Feds to C-Store before making any new Klingon ship.
They haven't answered to our complains in the main forum or here since quite some time. So I believe they are back to the old "All for Feds" strategy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
The Devs will seriously add many ship skins or new ships for the Feds to C-Store before making any new Klingon ship.
They haven't answered to our complains in the main forum or here since quite some time. So I believe they are back to the old "All for Feds" strategy.
And like the 1 new skin they did add for the Vor'Cha, thus allowing it to finally have some customization, they'll put those in the c-store as well. Think about this. All Fed ships have 3 skins for free. Most KDF ships can't even change the paint. They have the gall to charge us extra for one ship to get 2/3 of what ALL fed ships got for free?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
I have to agree with the idea that saing "only 12% of the population play the KDF" is a bogus excuse. Most know from the forums that the KDF is lacking in content, so why would they play it?

So, fewer play KDF, which mean that KDF is lower priority for content.

I sent a question to Stahl asking if he considered that more players might join the KDF is there were more reasons to play that faction. Got no response. Might have thought I was trying to start a riot, but it was a valid question.

I truly believe if we have the gaps filled, at least 50% of the customization options that Feds get for uniforms and ships we'd see a large increase in KDF players. If I'm wrong, I'll glady quiet myself and admit defeat.

My biggest fear, however, is that they will give us those ship custom options and new uniforms in the C-Store....meaning we get what we want but we get screwed over in acquisition.