Lt. Commander
# 51
03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post

Oh, that's easy, it is because
1) The Defiant is cool.
2) and more importantly ... oh, look a pony!
LOL that's perfect! Wait a sec....do you work for Cryptic???
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Don't mention ponies!

They might take over this site too!
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorFury View Post
I would vote to either get rid of mines or completely revamp them and how they work. No more lame photonic fleet, no fleet support, and no lame scorpian fighters. Half the reason Scramble Sensors is so damn annoying is when its combined with all this junk. "Organized PvP" in this game is one giant Spam fest with chain Scramble sensors thrown in for extra funtimes. I don't understand how people find that to be enjoyable.
I lolz hard when I read this.... your 100% Pro-Carrier and you want everyone else nerfed..., yea, that sounds like a wonderful idea.

Let's take photonic fleet away, the only true offensive capability that science officers have. What an A+ idea.

This is what this thread sounds like to me:

"Omg, PvP is changing, and my old skillz dont werk anymorez! Nerf everything because I can't have fun! (And I'm lazy)"
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
I lolz hard when I read this.... your 100% Pro-Carrier and you want everyone else nerfed..., yea, that sounds like a wonderful idea.

Let's take photonic fleet away, the only true offensive capability that science officers have. What an A+ idea.

This is what this thread sounds like to me:

"Omg, PvP is changing, and my old skillz dont werk anymorez! Nerf everything because I can't have fun! (And I'm lazy)"
Really? That is what you came away with? If these forums were not moderated by the carebear police I'd respond with something a bit more "entertaining" but instead i'll try to keep it civil. For the record I am not a Carrier Pilot and have no intention of being one. Furthermore, I would say you are in the minority of PvP'ers if you don't think we have a serious issue with the amount of spam in the game. Of course, you might be a PVE jockey in which case I can comfortably disregard anything you have to say on this subject.

You take away carrier "pets" then it simply is not a carrier any longer. It the spam that is coming from everyone running Scorpian fighters, multiple mine dispensers, photonic fleets that really makes things over the top. So, yea I would prefer for the amount of NPC spam in game greatly reduced instead of the way things currently are. Lastly, you honestly think a good game design counter for carrier "pets" is MORE spam???
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
Why do so many people just automatically assume someone is just looking out for himself when he suggests changes? If people are not able to see a larger picture? Is it because you're assuming everyone is like you, or do you just assume no one is as good as you?

Instead of trying t make assumptions on any egoistical motives, one could try to evaluate the arguments and suggestions on their own merit and see where they lead to?

The more ships have the ability spawn new objects (be it pets or mines), the more "spam" there will be.

Some ships have legitimate reasons to create this type of spawns. Carriers are among them - a carrier that doesn't launch fighters makes no sense. So yes, they need to send them away. Still, even there we have to think about "how many should they be able to send?" It is possible to reduce the numbers and adjust the hit points and damage output of the fighters and BoPs to get better results.

Other elements one can ask - does it need to work as targetable object? Do we need it in the first place? Can we change it to be still effective but creating less objects?
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-21-2011, 07:04 PM
This thread has gotten really off track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Now, I know the Devs are looking into the NPC spam issue in PvP and I'm quite thankful for it. To that end, I'd just like to provide these images as an example of what some matches end up like.

All of these images were taken during a single FvK Cap N Hold. Case in point: In the third picture, there's already a large amount of clutter on the screen. But if you look towards the bottom right on the image (slightly above my power tray, directly above the Vanguard Battleship marker) you'll see that there are a further seventeen enemies ~3KM away, right off screen.

Just to be clear, I'm in no way bitter about be dead in some of those pictures. :p I just wanted to give an actual in-game example of the chaos that can be caused in a simple 5v5 CnH to put credit to all of the complaints we've had.

Additions from others within the community:
Admiral_Joslin (1, 2)
Bob: (1, 2)
Moar from me: (1, 2)
Mavairo: (1, 2)
This is how stupid Cryptic has turned PvP into, nothing but spam:

Spamming abilities
Spamming fighters
Spamming mines

And they expect those changes on Tribble is going to fix that? Heck no!

Honestly, at this point I pretty much given up PvP altogether. TOR is looking better and better all the time, and their PvP system is actually fun!
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-22-2011, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
This thread has gotten really off track.

This is how stupid Cryptic has turned PvP into, nothing but spam:

Spamming abilities
Spamming fighters
Spamming mines

And they expect those changes on Tribble is going to fix that? Heck no!

Honestly, at this point I pretty much given up PvP altogether. TOR is looking better and better all the time, and their PvP system is actually fun!
So yo already know the tor pvp system in and out that is amazing why your at it can you fix the war in lybia and the reactor in japan. and i have a step on my porc h that needs to be fixed. this should be nothing jobs for someone of your caliber.
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-22-2011, 06:04 AM
When I first read Lag i thought of connection lag but looking at the taken screenshots: have you ever tried to turn down your Graphic settings? Works quiete well for me. If you feel that you HAVE to play PVP with high Graphic settings you might want to consider a new PC. I am playing pvp with the lowest Graphic Settings and never get lags of any sort - no matter how much npc spam.

Regarding the spam, I do think that people need to adopt. it isn't too hard to switch bos to counter spammy groups. Scatter Valley or Gravity Well for instance clears the spamm quiete well and you will eventually notice carrier pilots switching to bops.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-22-2011, 06:42 AM
While all of these are really good examples of how horrible spam has become, I kind of like this contribution from TheYak because it further illustrates another point:

Not only is it a fuster cluck, but its a struggle to figure out just which object is even being targeted. The colors are too similar! We need better contrast between our target and the other things out there, or at least the ability to customize it for those of us who are going blind, lol.

Maybe spam isn't a problem outside of PVP. The AI opponents are dumb as dirt but they'll never have a problem sifting through the targets and they certainly can't complain about lag. The actually players who are using the spam in PVE probably aren't having too many problems either since it doesn't matter how fast they react. It's not like their AI opponents are spamming the hell out of them in return.

I can't help but find these random comments about adjusting video settings and adapting to "game play" to be somewhat ridiculous. It's interesting that these "learn to play" responses seem to be coming from folks who don't necessarily grasp just what exactly the problem is. I wonder just how long a band of these spam-is-no-big-deal players would last before rage quitting against one of the spammer teams out there.
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-22-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eglar
When I first read Lag i thought of connection lag but looking at the taken screenshots: have you ever tried to turn down your Graphic settings? Works quiete well for me. If you feel that you HAVE to play PVP with high Graphic settings you might want to consider a new PC. I am playing pvp with the lowest Graphic Settings and never get lags of any sort - no matter how much npc spam.

Regarding the spam, I do think that people need to adopt. it isn't too hard to switch bos to counter spammy groups. Scatter Valley or Gravity Well for instance clears the spamm quiete well and you will eventually notice carrier pilots switching to bops.
I love this argument, if this game says minimum: dual core processor, 1 GB ram, and Nvidia 9800 vid card plus 10GB of hard drive space and I have settings turned all the way down I should be able to play this game seamlessly but very blandly no matter what.

Now I have a Quad Core AMD 3.0 per core, 8 GB of ram, GTX470, 850 PSU, definitely enough Hard drive space, my processor and GPu never get above 39 degrees C but for some reason I get UI lag but only when I have eleventy billion pieces of trash running across the screen. So with my rig I guess I need to upgrade to what a six core or maybe a sun microsystems machine.

If your machine exceeds the recommended requirements there should never be an issue.