Lt. Commander
As a VoQuv pilot (when playing Klingon) I'm very worried about the upcoming changes to carrier pets to render them vulnerable to scramble sensors. This is a pretty huge change in a lot of respects but mostly what aggravates me is that Scramble Sensors is uncounterable. Not just for your pets - but for your ship too! If you try to use Science Team on yourself it often dumps on an enemy instead - which is just silly. Smart players using science ships know this and will stack Scramble with other Sci debuffs. Ally sci teams are impractical in this case; voice is nigh-mandatory for that to be practical and there's good odds the ally was affected by the scramble as well.

Mainly I find scramble very aggravating currently but it is rare and therefore manageable. However it is likely that the scramble buff will cause a metagame change leading to increased use of scramble. All I really want is for the explicit counter to sci debuffs (sci team) to actually counter a sci debuff.

(This is leaving aside the fact that it's silly for crew powers to be affected by scramble )
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2011, 08:34 AM
Scramble really needs to render everyone hostile to you. Not friendly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I think that would work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Even if Scramble were fixed so that you could realiably use SciTeam on yourself to clear it, that's not going to help when your entire fighter squadron is shooting each other for 30 seconds.

Unless they made it such that if you're scrambled, your pets are. And then when you clear it off yourself, your pets are cleared as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I would be fine with scramble working as a pet counter like gravity well does. I just hate that there's no playership counter.

THere is room for a new power definitely though. Maybe commander-level skill - 'diagnostic sweep' that clears X # of debuffs in an area, like Biofilter Sweep on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Don't forget the lovely fact that Scramble Sensors will also randomly cause Evasive Maneuvers and Emergency Power skills to mis-fire without effect. No sign of that one getting fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
That would be a much deadlier implementation of scramble in my opinion. Making everyone hostile means you completely shut down someone's ability to cross heal. While there is a chance they mess up currently and misheal, if everyone was hostile, they couldn't even make the attempt.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2011, 01:36 PM
All they really need to do is make self target a lock. Really it makes no sense that a scrambled targeting sensor would effect your transport of people.... with safety protocols like that I would never step foot on a transport pad, would you?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-19-2011, 01:40 PM
If they fixed this then NPCs could use scramble without being total douches. Also.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
That would be a much deadlier implementation of scramble in my opinion. Making everyone hostile means you completely shut down someone's ability to cross heal. While there is a chance they mess up currently and misheal, if everyone was hostile, they couldn't even make the attempt.
I like the idea Mavairo.
As long as it shows all targets as friendly (thus meaning PIC targeting a must) and one can't accidently shoot the enemy who SS you.
Crosshealing would require a true TOS to heal you own members (and PIC targeting) but all blind heals just pop to the enemy that SS you.

It may work and I thinkm it sound neat.