Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11 i had been collecting ideas
03-19-2011, 02:32 PM
from OPvP chat and other in-game chat.....players ideas for players.

Surmise:
1) Scramble sensors should make everyone and every, destructable object, an enemy target......and it should have the "screen fuzz" similar to the nebula cloud that you have to hide in when you go meet Obisek in the Romulan FE.
This way you can clear yourself with a sci-team if you have one and delay healing your teammates until you get cleared.

2) Jam sensors should have the "screen fuzz" that the deep nebula gives in the Romulan FE 'The Vault'. As well as making the user of the Jam invisible to the player suffering from it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
This is a pretty huge change in a lot of respects but mostly what aggravates me is that Scramble Sensors is uncounterable.
Do I get a counter for fighters still targeting me from 50km away when I'm cloaked? How about still following me after I've died and respawned?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheYak
Do I get a counter for fighters still targeting me from 50km away when I'm cloaked? How about still following me after I've died and respawned?
Yes.

Ragequit.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post

Surmise:
1) Scramble sensors should make everyone and every, destructable object, an enemy target......and it should have the "screen fuzz" similar to the nebula cloud that you have to hide in when you go meet Obisek in the Romulan FE.
This way you can clear yourself with a sci-team if you have one and delay healing your teammates until you get cleared.

2) Jam sensors should have the "screen fuzz" that the deep nebula gives in the Romulan FE 'The Vault'. As well as making the user of the Jam invisible to the player suffering from it.
I like that alot, especially the nebula effect.

Quote:
I'm starting to think its all pets that follow cloaked targets.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post

Surmise:

I actually like that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I'm starting to think its all pets that follow cloaked targets.
Lets not forget how Scorpions also have the knack of changing sides, where you can't attack them, but they continue to attack you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Even if Scramble were fixed so that you could reliably use SciTeam on yourself to clear it, that's not going to help when your entire fighter squadron is shooting each other for 30 seconds.

Unless they made it such that if you're scrambled, your pets are. And then when you clear it off yourself, your pets are cleared as well.
While I hate, deplore and loathe pets in general, I would be willing to accept this solution.

If you get scrambled then your pets get scrambled. BUT, if you are not and your pet(s) are, you cannot clear ALL pets by ST-ing one of them. OR, see next response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
I would be fine with scramble working as a pet counter like gravity well does. I just hate that there's no playership counter.

THere is room for a new power definitely though. Maybe commander-level skill - 'diagnostic sweep' that clears X # of debuffs in an area, like Biofilter Sweep on the ground.
This could be another option to counter SS by providing ST with an AoE for targeting. It would provide the immediate shield heal to the specified target, but also provide an AoE targeting clear to ALL (friend and foe) within range.

(P.S. I think that any AoE should affect friend and foe alike. To paraphrase Shakespeare, "What's in a name? That which we call Warp Plasma, by any other name would burn just as hot.")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
That would be a much deadlier implementation of scramble in my opinion. Making everyone hostile means you completely shut down someone's ability to cross heal. While there is a chance they mess up currently and misheal, if everyone was hostile, they couldn't even make the attempt.

Evil and ouch, but again with such an AoE ...
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Yes. See recent Tribble Release Notes.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-21-2011, 02:11 AM
This feels like another f*** off to carrier pilots who are the obvious losers here. All they want is more control & here we are about to surrender more control. Without a attack my target button, this hurts carriers crazy bad. We're about to downgrade from herding cats to herding lemmings who will kill themselves or you after a single SS. We're trying to get away from scramble teams and cryptic gives us another reason to just spam mines and bugged unclearable scrambles to win. Way to go guys.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-21-2011, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Yes. See recent Tribble Release Notes.
Yes I read them
Just thought I'd adopt the tone of the thread and have a little fun with it. I think this so-called 'vulnerability' is just another obvious fix that should have been implemented a long time ago.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Lets not forget how Scorpions also have the knack of changing sides, where you can't attack them, but they continue to attack you.
Not only Scorpions... Fleet support, photonics and mines too. Nothing more frustrating than being stuck on a friendly tractor mine 11km from the battle, and not being able to shoot it :p

What we need is:
1. ST to reliably clear SS from self.
2. 20-30sec SS immunity upon expiration
3. AoE SS clear ability.

Ability: [Relay Sensor Data]
Description: Relays your sensor data to friendly ships, allowing them to ude your sensors. This comes with a severe loss of efficiecy to sensors of all friendlies. Does not work If you are Scrambled yourself.
Effect: Clears SS from all ships withing 10km. Does not clear self.
Drawback:
- Version 1 gives all friendlies within 10km -30 to Startship Sensors
- Version 2 gives all friendlies within 10km -15 to Startship Sensors
- Version 3 gives all friendlies within 10km -5 to Startship Sensors

(further balancing may be needed)