Lt. Commander
# 21
03-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Lets not forget how Scorpions also have the knack of changing sides, where you can't attack them, but they continue to attack you.
Thats what happens when one hires Romulan/Reman mercanaries.....:p
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Just a thought, but why not have the career fleet abilities play a role in group de-buff removal? Aka, a Science Fleet can remove and prevent science debuffs for its duration. Engineer removes and prevents engineer related debuffs and tactical removes tactical debuffs.

The cooldown should be sufficient to prevent these from staying up constantly, especially with the 5 team member limit. Although I do suppose you could add a range/time limit that scales with skill points put into the ability. Similar to how emergency power abilities will remove disabled systems for the first 5 seconds.

So something like when you have diddly squat in the skill set:
Engineer Fleet II
+10 Warp Core Training for 30 sec
+10 Engineer Training for 30 sec
+20 All Damage Resistance for 30 sec
Applies "Repair Team" to allies within 5km
Removes mechanical debuffs for 5 seconds

And a fully spec one could be
Engineer Fleet II
+18 Warp Core Training for 30 sec
+18 Engineer Training for 30 sec
+33 All Damage Resistance for 30 sec
Applies "Repair Team" to allies within 10km
Removes and provides immunity to mechanical debuffs for 15 seconds

As for carriers, I think a science team on the carrier itself should clean up the scrambled sensors on its pets.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
That would be a much deadlier implementation of scramble in my opinion. Making everyone hostile means you completely shut down someone's ability to cross heal. While there is a chance they mess up currently and misheal, if everyone was hostile, they couldn't even make the attempt.
It is rather devious and evil of me isn't it?

The nice thing is, that at least you could reliably clear the damn thing with your own sci teams and not rely on the 1/6 chance that it's even going to really target yourself despite having a clear screen and spamming the F1 button.
So it's much more Deadly for the guys that aren't carrying STs, but for those that actually want to use the Proper Counter for the skill, you can actually use it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
All they really need to do is make self target a lock. Really it makes no sense that a scrambled targeting sensor would effect your transport of people.... with safety protocols like that I would never step foot on a transport pad, would you?
Wow. The sheer absurdity of the way ST tends to accidentally hit the enemy just hit me. Okay, yeah, I get that if my sensors are screwed up I might accidentally transfer shield power to an enemy. But the teams are all groups of people. Yeah, I might accidentally beam them to an enemy ship, but are they really gonna fix the place when they get there? And then the enemy is just going to let them "fix" things on the ship.

When it happens with tactical Team that ought to work like a boarding party, because that's what it is!

(I'd be happy if the teams just couldn't target enemies. If everyone read as enemies that would make healing harder, but it would still be something I could deal with.)
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi19d View Post
Wow. The sheer absurdity of the way ST tends to accidentally hit the enemy just hit me. Okay, yeah, I get that if my sensors are screwed up I might accidentally transfer shield power to an enemy. But the teams are all groups of people. Yeah, I might accidentally beam them to an enemy ship, but are they really gonna fix the place when they get there? And then the enemy is just going to let them "fix" things on the ship.

When it happens with tactical Team that ought to work like a boarding party, because that's what it is!

(I'd be happy if the teams just couldn't target enemies. If everyone read as enemies that would make healing harder, but it would still be something I could deal with.)
Indeed teams just should never be able to be usable on hostile ships scrambled or not... however you have a cool idea.

Perhaps that is the fix for SS..... Teams beamed over during a scramble become boarding parties lol... Eng teams have X chance to knock out Engiens or Aux... Sci teams have X chance to reduce shield power or knock them out... Tac teams have X chance to knock out weapons, or increase torp cool downs or something interesting. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Indeed teams just should never be able to be usable on hostile ships scrambled or not... however you have a cool idea.

Perhaps that is the fix for SS..... Teams beamed over during a scramble become boarding parties lol... Eng teams have X chance to knock out Engiens or Aux... Sci teams have X chance to reduce shield power or knock them out... Tac teams have X chance to knock out weapons, or increase torp cool downs or something interesting. LOL
If you did that everyone would love to be scrambled, Hell I would be spamming teams all day Because the real boarding party is joke again.