Lt. Commander
# 1 ETA on Scale Sliders?
03-20-2011, 11:59 PM
This seems to be one of the biggest missing features in The Foundry: the ability to shape and scale NPC costume avatars the way we can scale our playable characters. As it stands, it keeps Foundry NPCs from becoming too distinctive and, speaking personally, it strips a lot of the personality and flavor I want to imbue my NPCs with.

Is there any ETA on this option?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2011, 01:49 AM
I seem to recall there being a statement in regards to this saying that with the amount of potential foundry characters there are, that it would take up a lot of server space.

Still, I would at least like a height slider. It's rather hard to judge how tall they are, and even more annoying to just keep hitting the "Randomize body" button until it gets close to how tall you want it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2011, 04:23 AM
All we have got in relation to this is EULA quotation. Never going to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
All we have got in relation to this is EULA quotation. Never going to happen.
I'm sorry. I don't see the link between actor likenesses being a reportable offense and not being able to create custom aliens as a part of the tool.

You can do likenesses without the slider that are just as much an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
I seem to recall there being a statement in regards to this saying that with the amount of potential foundry characters there are, that it would take up a lot of server space.

Still, I would at least like a height slider. It's rather hard to judge how tall they are, and even more annoying to just keep hitting the "Randomize body" button until it gets close to how tall you want it.
I would be willing to sacrifice project budget in other ways to use it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Yeah, doesn't make much sense as to why we can't have a scale slider... we can still change their height by randomizing it... it's just really tedious this way.

And there's NO way it could take up THAT MUCH more server space by just having the scale. It's numbers... little numbers in the code that are altered for each particular NPC. That's already in the game, AND in the foundry, since you can alter the height and weight with randomization...