Lt. Commander
# 21
03-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Are there any plans to allow players to pilot the typhoon class starship like we see NPC's fly and also the Jupiter
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell-KV4S
what is the possiblility of having a shorter cool down on transwarp for lifetime or veteran members? I'd like to see it go to like 10 or 15 minutes.

I'd like to see this for the excelsior transwarps too
I would also like to see the countdown expire even if you arent in your ship. Having it only decrement while you are in space is painful.
Lt. Commander
# 23
All the work you have done too the Federation have been awsome.But when will we see more love for the Klingon's?PvP Is good and so is having a healhy dose of PvE too round things up.Also when will we see more costumes,ships and other goodies for the Klingon's?
Lt. Commander
# 24
are you able to disclose what's going to be included in season 4?
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-21-2011, 11:18 AM
what are the jupiter uniforms mentioned in the last engeneering report?
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-21-2011, 11:20 AM
When are the Oberth, Ambassador, Vestra, and Klingon ships hitting holodeck?
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I the time between now and season 4, have you set aside any Dev time for working on the PvP aspect of the game?

Many of the new subscribers you got during the christmas holidays are reaching levelcap and are asking what to do now. Can I tell them we have more end-game content like PvP or raids coming soon?

Do you have anyone that will take over Snix duties? The changes he made to the game mechanics have always been my favorite patches!
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-21-2011, 11:22 AM
Will Cryptic add additional slots to the UI for powers? For instance, I like to use the bridge officers style view (#2) with 2 rows of powers + the bridge officer portraits and powers. The two rows in this view only show 8 instead of 10 powers though, unlike view #3 which shows 3 rows of 10. Can this be changed to allow more power slots to show?
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-21-2011, 11:22 AM
My list of questions:

1a. Will there ever be a function to realistically "refit" a player ship, without having to buy a "Vice Admiral Variant" of each ship?
1b. Will the Akira ever get a proper refit to work alongside ships like the Sovereign and Defiant? It's special function could be launching fighters, or being able to fire torpedo spreads more often (due to amount of torpedo tubes)
1c. Will players eventually be able to craft their own ships, much like the current Delta Flyer-type missions are done?
1d. Will it be possible to make lower tier ships comparable to work on "endgame", and purchaseable at a relative cost? I.e smaller ships are cheaper to buy (less emblems).
1e. Any chance ships can be made purchaseable or upgradeably by use of Starfleet Merits instead of always relying on Emblems? Seems to make more sense to use the Merits you've earned during your "Starfleet career" in order to requisition a new ship. Once you got your BOff skills and named your ships, there is currently little use of Merits.

2a. When will player interiors/bridges get their proper sizes? Having large shuttlebays or cargobays, I don't mind. But I don't wanna run down corridors that are 30 feet to the ceiling, with about the same width.
2b. When will we get canon-sized, and canon-looking player bridges? Many of the bridges currently ingame are "similar" to canon, but grossly oversized and some need some serious fixing to make it look more like it should.

3a. What attempts are being made to make more "endgame" content, that doesn't rely on having to repeat it over and over? I.e not PVP rounds, or Daily missions.
3b. Fleet Actions are an excellent part of the game. Can they perhaps be retrofitted to function more like the STFs in that they reward gear at the end, as well as a "scaling currency" (Emblems at max level) ? The fleet actions could then function as STO's equivalent to "Dungeons", with the STFs functioning as "Raid" content. At max level, completing a Fleet Action "dungeon" could reward Emblems on your first runthrough, and additional merits/BO skillpoints on further runs during the same day.

4a. What are the chances to modify the way Bridge Officer skills work, and possibly replacing it with individual "Kits" instead?
4b. When will more kits/skills be made available, and will Science/Engineer visuals be updated to look "better" ? The Tactical Kits all look pretty well done, and Science is "decent". The Engineer kits however all look horrible, and should be redesigned.

5a. When will the currency system be revamped, to make Energy Credits more useful?
5b. When will the "1st Order, 2nd Order etc" type badges be removed and replaced to scale according to level?

6a. Is there any work being done, to revamp the game UI to reflect a more "LCARS-style" layout for the Federation, and a similarly designed system for the Klingon Empire?
6b. Any work being done to make the UI more "accessable" ? I feel alot of the much needed features are currently hidden away under the little arrow button next to the minimap. When Champions Online went Free-to-Play, it received a MUCH needed UI revamp. Even if STO doesn't go F2P, the UI could use some overhauling.
6c. Are there any plans to revamp the current "Action Bar" layout, to make full use of the 12-button bar style in use in other MMOs?
6d. Will you ever make a bar-layout that allows full usage of power slots (layout 3) and to include the Bridge Officer bar ALSO?

7a. Will there ever be a system of "Random events" in the game, where you get hailed by Starfleet/High Council, and requested to head for a specific system? For example, have a Random Event where the Borg are attacking a key planet within the Sirius Sector Block, a sector-wide announcement could be made requesting you join up with fellow Starfleet ships, to engage and defeat the Borg. (Note: Getting hailed, should not be the same as current where the Player hails, to pickup mission. Starfleet/Klingon High Council should contact YOU)
7b. Using the above as an example, Would it be possible to make missions that allows the players to decide if they wanna use a diplomatic approach to a situation, or a combat approach? Starfleet is more inclined towards diplomacy, and rarely engages in combat unless necessary.

8. When will proper Admiral-variant uniforms be released for all canon Uniform Packs? (at NO ADDITIONAL COST)

Lastly:

With the obvious long duration wait between Season 3 and Season 4, any plans to release "some" of the current Season 4 content before the rest of Season 4? Ground combat revamp, Duty Officer revamp, additional content etc. Having to wait an additional 4 months (from now) to get ANY of this, will just drive more people away. The game needs more to do -right now-. Not 4 months from now.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Could you please try to explain why there will be 'pet crafting' instead of additions to the 'usual' crafting? Flyer crafting is ok and feels like Trek, pet crafting not at all... So I mean I have never seen an officer who's followed by a Horta or whatever... so it would be kinda nice in my point of view if there would not be even more of those pets...
Closed Thread