Lt. Commander
# 11
03-23-2011, 07:01 PM
It's funny, now that we have Foundry, I have more fun "working" on missons than playing the actual game. The last time Foundry went down for maintenance, I felt like I was suffering withdrawal. It really is quite an amazing tool and the result is changing STO in a big way. I think it's fantastic. There are so many great missions and authors. It hasn't even been officially released yet.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2011, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who is spending their free time making content for other people to enjoy. This past week I have been playing at least 1 new mission every day, and I cant tell you how great it feels to know I have something new to look forward to every time I log in. To be completely honest, I have experienced way more of what Star Trek is about playing community made missions than I have playing most of the official missions in game(although that has been improving alot recently).

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work and the fun you have provided me. Please feel free to PM me any time if you have created a new mission and want someone to try it out. It really is my pleasure
You are an assert to the Foundry Community and can't wait to share favourite missions when it hits holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I have. I actually have a pretty good grasp on the tools and can do just about anything I want. However, I have learned from playing other people's missions that the story of the mission is the most important part, and I dont plan on making missions just to be making missions. When I have a really great story worked out, then I will publish a mission, but not until then. That said, I will most likely dedicate my 8 slots to the KDF since they are going to have much less than the Feds, and I will possibly work on creating KDF versions of notable Fed episodes.
(emphasis added)

Best of luck with this. I have tried to make a KDF version of a couple Fed mission but the tools were not available. When I finish mine (I've had to take a few liberties to try and make mine work) I'll send you a PM to see what you think. When you create yours please send me a PM so I can give it a go.

-Auspice