Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
The post in reference ...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=207639

The Opinion : One more nerf to carriers and I think I might want to play 'Kindle' before I play STO until the next sci fi beta starts this summer. I think many Klingons feel the same way.

If anyone has been doing a lot of space pvp (wait...that is two map options; arena or cap&hold. Why am I acting like they have added a new one since release?)...anyways if anyone has been doing a lot of KvF, you might have seen A LOT of carriers. Like a flooding island, everyone crowds to the center. They nerfed this, move to that. They nerf that, ,,,move to the next that. So on and so on. Hilariously, we are back at the start : V carriers. You see a lot of carriers because people who pvp are adapting to nerfs and ghost changes (a ghost change is an undocumented change the devs will not admit to). If you can't get over that one conversational hurdle (that consumers are not told the whole truth) please leave your morality at the door. It's dark inside mmporgland.

For all the disrespect shown the Klingon Community, for all the nerfs and the defening silence to the most important questions, do not apply scramble sensors to Klingon fighters. We work hard after summoning to keep them alive, retargeting, mistargeting, working within THE system to create our behive that all posters ASSUME we all have at all times. It takes time to build 3 pulls of BoP's (4.5 minutes). If you make our whole cloud killable by ONE Lt ability (SS1) then what is left? 4.5 minutes to baby 6 bop's and have one clueless fan of the moment kill all 6 with SS? IS that what was intended?

All conversations I have read discussing the math of pets always assumes the player is max science with scorpains and a ready max science skill (photonic fleet). I would like to see the conversations bracketed to cover real combat conditions, not ideal summoning conditions in an empty enviroment.

Too Long Didn't Read (i.e. Listos Version)
Don't remove the last fun Klings have trying to do something other then flying bops.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
This also means all those mines and Scorpion Fighters the Feds toss out will attack them as well, so it balances out. Or at least it should mean this.

It also specified attack pets, so hopefully that means the shield drones will remain unaffected, not that anyone uses them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2011, 08:23 PM
i dont really see your point. ya i dont wont that to happen to my fighters but they are to weak to kill eachother. a fighter vs fighter will take a long time so 10-30 sec wont be so big. even the bops cant kill eachother or you if your carrier is set up good.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarhamen View Post
i dont really see your point. ya i dont wont that to happen to my fighters but they are to weak to kill eachother. a fighter vs fighter will take a long time so 10-30 sec wont be so big. even the bops cant kill eachother or you if your carrier is set up good.
Exactly, a well set-up carrier, with the proper skills trained by her captain, should have some fairly durable BoPs/Fighters or Frigates/Fighters depending on which carrier you're using.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2011, 03:13 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-22-2011, 03:13 AM
EDIT: DBL post
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-22-2011, 03:16 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-22-2011, 03:50 AM
The change is only logical and has to happen. It is ridicilous that pets follow cloaked ships the entire time, and it is equally ridicilous that scramble sensors does nothing on player pets.

You know if Carriers are too weak now or after these changes, why don't you argue for making changes that make logical sense and are balanced, instead of trying to rely on stuff that just feels like a stupid bug or oversight?

And in that swoop, you could perhaps also argue for a change to Scramble Sensors that doesn't allow scrambling the enemy team for almost 100 % of the time with Science Team failing to dispell it or jumping to a different target then yourself even if self-targeted? Maybe then the change won't be an issue?

And then, perhaps you could ask for pets in general and Carrier pets specifically to get some decent UI controls instead of the lame "they just happen to target what you have targeted at the time of launch - no recalls" mechanic they have now?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2011, 04:23 AM
The only reason SS is being applied to carrier pets is that they are trying to walk back all the little decisions they made that created the current pvp spam fest. Feds whined non stop about the Kllingon pets, so they GOT pets. Then the design team threw in mines for fun. Now everyone can summon many things .... YAY ! Feds eat their cookie. Unfortunately, it broke play. So they are fixing it. It seems they are unable to separate real ship pets that are part of the flavor and character of the Klingon ships from Feds spamming their new toy non stop and turning to the left all fight like Nascar.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
The only reason SS is being applied to carrier pets is that they are trying to walk back all the little decisions they made that created the current pvp spam fest. Feds whined non stop about the Kllingon pets, so they GOT pets. Then the design team threw in mines for fun. Now everyone can summon many things .... YAY ! Feds eat their cookie. Unfortunately, it broke play. So they are fixing it. It seems they are unable to separate real ship pets that are part of the flavor and character of the Klingon ships from Feds spamming their new toy non stop and turning to the left all fight like Nascar.
All I have to say is Cry more, the klingons have had vastly superior ships to the feds in this game for a while, higher weapon damage bonuses and the cloak gave the klinks a massive advantage with the fighter spam it was very hard to over come, now you are being brought down to a even level and its zomas;dlkfhasdkl;fjsd we are doomed!!

Deal with it, crowd control should work on fighters also, your argument is never going to go anywhere.