Lt. Commander
# 1 Branching Diolog question
03-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Ok so I want to have one button hidden until you select a certain option within the same dialog. If I didn't explain that well;

I want Option C to be hidden until option B is chosen, then you can see Option C, you hit C, then you can continue.

I really thought that was going to be possible, but it does not appear to be possible. Am I missing something?

Edit: I am trying to do this in a Pop Up Dialog, if that is important.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Ok so I want to have one button hidden until you select a certain option within the same dialog. If I didn't explain that well;

I want Option C to be hidden until option B is chosen, then you can see Option C, you hit C, then you can continue.

I really thought that was going to be possible, but it does not appear to be possible. Am I missing something?

Edit: I am trying to do this in a Pop Up Dialog, if that is important.
You can trigger individual buttons to become visible, but it seems tied into other objectives, not other buttons. Please see my branching dialogue, part 2 tutorial to see how I did it with reach markers.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...alogue-part-2/
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
You can trigger individual buttons to become visible, but it seems tied into other objectives, not other buttons. Please see my branching dialogue, part 2 tutorial to see how I did it with reach markers.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...alogue-part-2/
I actually found that after I posted this question. Great tutorials. Keep up the great work.

But making buttons visible being triggered by other buttons would be a very good idea. It would open the door to a very neat and efficient way of doing investigatory dialog.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2011, 11:09 PM
The function you ask for, Martok, would indeed be a great addition. I even think there were a few threads that were asking for them. I would want to go one step further and allow normal component triggers to be able to change button states. Tying everything to mission objectives is sometimes rather hard.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2011, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
I think this should be possible if you structure your dialog-tree to cover these options.

In essence, you'd be working with a sub-dialog that is a copy of an existing sub-dialog plus the new added option.

I'll try to work out an example and post a tutorial of sorts on the SBUGC site (if Kirkfat will remind me about it, that is ).