Lt. Commander
# 21
03-22-2011, 05:03 PM
I rush the opponents spawn I admit it. If you do not work together to beat me off I will PUSH the ATTACK I will KILL you and I will KILL you again and again until you destroy me.

Honestly you can't fault anyone for taking initiative. This is a war... or a war game if your FvFing KvK is still war.

People have pointed out in this thread how you can keep from being "Spawn Camped". They are all good suggestions. Honestly Equip a darn Engine bat... you respawn with no power SO WHAT... hit your engine battary get moving use your EPTS (EVERYONE has at least version 1) start turning so you don't get pounded on one facing and decide to either hit evasive and regroup or PUSH hard back, find the weakened attacker, or if your paying attention, Attack the guy that has blown a ton of cooldowns. TAKE back the initiative and profit.

I have to agree with Kharn on this one I have NEVER been spawn camped in this game. People have attempted to destroy me on reset, and hey once or twice they got me, but 15 seconds later they where still hurting and I was not, I retook initiative thats how it works.

"The majority of people are timid by nature, and that is why they constantly exaggerate danger. All influences on the military leader, therefore, combine to give him a false impression of his opponent's strength, and from this arises a new source of indecision."
- Karl von Clausewitz

ATTACK lol
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-22-2011, 06:58 PM
The spawn point is often littered with mines and cloak tractor beams. If polarize hull or omega is on cool down there is not much you can do. I've noticed in the Karat zone other ships have a few seconds of free fire before you can respond. In a fragile ship like a bop it doesn't take but a moment to be destroyed. There is also the problem with console exploit which is giving some users the ability to shoot you down in one go.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedcadet
There is also the problem with console exploit which is giving some users the ability to shoot you down in one go.
Don't need an exploit for that :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Camping, or eliminating the enemy at their point of origin is not a bad thing. If the enemy can't get their act together and pull out a win under that situation, either by sacrificing 1 person so that the entire team can break out of that situation and perhaps pull a kill or two themselves, then they probobly deserve to have their deployment location surpressed, as a specific some one likes to say.

How ever, I DO have a problem when I warp into Ker'rat, and because of Zone limitations, it's 10-1 and I have 4 friends on who might be able to help me out, but they can't get into the zone, even if TEAMED, because that zone is full. THAT I don't like and disaprove of.

In arena PVP, Spawn camping is not nearly as bad as people who complain about it make it sound because it's usually even teams, 5v5. Even in Cap and Holds, usually it's an Even set up. It's the more Open Zones that I have issues with because of Zone Caps.

So there is my thoughts in this subject. And the final thought is I hope that, if Cryptic is going to eventually go the way of more Open PVP, that they also improve the shard sizes to allow more then say 15 people per zone. Then perhaps we can have true Open PVP and less who has more friends in the zone before the other side. Because right now, the Federation has that battle won since there are usually more Fed players on then Klingons. At least that's how I usually witness it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-23-2011, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
to me the real spawncamping only happens in lopsided arenas (5v2 etc) when some feds have quit, or in kerrat, where i have been "camped" by 10 or more feds, still make it in and get a kill
Stop camping those poor Feds. :p
Lt. Commander
# 26 wow PvP 101
03-23-2011, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Didn't PrincessKatrina have a post just like this up a few weeks back?

Apparantly, it was about as fruitless as she expected.

Maybe we should use our leet keybinding skills to drop "useful PvP tips for everyone" all over zone chat, in and out of Arenas. :p
  • CTRL-SHIFT-1: To avoid spawncamping, team up and move towards the center of the map.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-2: Distribute your Shield Power by clicking on the center of your ship's paper doll on your UI.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-3: Shield Resistances keep you alive - use Emergency Power to Shields and Transfer Shield Strength regularly.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-4: Focus Fire
  • CTRL-SHIFT-5: Heal teammates in need.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-6: Stick Together
Does this really have to be oooo what the heck some people need all the help they can get even if somthing everyone should already know.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
The number of times I've had to cajole my team mates away from the spawn is rather silly. I honestly don't understand the mentality.

I have a simple rule; move forward until you encounter the enemy.

I also expect the same rule applied to me.

If i have to move all the way to your spawn point before I encounter you, that is your mistake.
Seems like we follow the same basic approach, though if I happen to have ended up at the opposing team's spawn point I also try to stick to not firing on a newly re-spawned ship until I see it start moving as I take that to be a sign that the player is in control and ready to enter battle (i.e. you wanna sit stationary for a couple of seconds at the spawn while your energy levels power up - I will usually let you while I shoot someone else).
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-23-2011, 07:10 AM
My fleet tends to fly til we meet resistance and we usually are not busting speed records getting to their spawn, we are traveling in that direction with short impulse bursts. Its funny because many pugs have at least one Kirk that spawns in first and zergs to my teams position which is about 3/4 of the way across the map. Once he is 20KM the rest of his team spawns in and everyone lazily moves from spawn under full engine power but not full impulse.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Stop camping those poor Feds. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

All I can say!
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9EhPunI6xg

actually some feds deserve to be spawn camped. there are typically 2 ways how this happens:

1. they fly into the center and die so horribly fast that the match moves more and more to their spawn point
2. they stay at their spawn point and die horribly fast.

with a bit of teamwork and proper builds this would not happen. it's not that these matches would be better if they were not spawn camped, it would just take a bit longer with the same result.