Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Forcefield
03-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Ok so I have a forcefield that is triggered int he mission and trap you in a room and enemy NPCs beam down on the other side to guard you. But they then start shooting me! THROUGH the forcefield? Is this going to happen when I publish the mission, or is it just a in editor thing? And is there a way to stop it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Ok so I have a forcefield that is triggered int he mission and trap you in a room and enemy NPCs beam down on the other side to guard you. But they then start shooting me! THROUGH the forcefield? Is this going to happen when I publish the mission, or is it just a in editor thing? And is there a way to stop it?
If you dont plan on fighting those NPCs at all and just want them for appearance, you can make them allied NPCs and just put enemy costumes on them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If you dont plan on fighting those NPCs at all and just want them for appearance, you can make them allied NPCs and just put enemy costumes on them.
No I plan for you to kill them once you escape.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Forcefields are as transparent as some sections of walls are. So if someone starts shooting at them, itll start a firefight and break your immersion. I dont know if and when we will get more 'solidity' on objects such as that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-22-2011, 12:29 PM
I suggest just beaming them in once you get the field down, as if you triggered a secirty breach or something.

Unless you can keep them far enough away from your team, they will always start firing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Well it's not a big deal I guess, the enemies are not that important. I'll work around it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Well it's not a big deal I guess, the enemies are not that important. I'll work around it.
Since they have you behind a forcefield, I would think they might not feel the need to place a guard right outside your cell. Maybe just a little down the hall, and that way the mission still makes sense(and has the combat you want) but avoids the problem your currently having.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Since they have you behind a forcefield, I would think they might not feel the need to place a guard right outside your cell. Maybe just a little down the hall, and that way the mission still makes sense(and has the combat you want) but avoids the problem your currently having.
Yeah. That is pretty much what I did. It still makes sense with the context of the mission and everything. It would however be nice to have an actual secure forcefield though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9 Those forcefield are weird
03-23-2011, 09:13 AM
Ican not pass it but my BO's can also an enemy can .
On that I hope they fix it before going to holodeck.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
03-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Is the room big enough that the npcs won't charge you until you get into range?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 AM.