Lt. Commander
# 1 TheFoundry chat channel
03-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Greetings fellow Foundry users.

I'd like you all to know that there is a channel now available to all named TheFoundry. It was created to help promote communication among UGC developers regarding tools, asset uses, building strategies, and casual conversation. After all, Foundry can get pretty lonely.

To access it, right click on the border of the chat window. Click on the "Channels" tab and type in "TheFoundry" (no spaces.)

You can also access TheFoundry chat channel through XMPP programs such as Pidgin so you can chat and ask for help while the editor is open. You can find details and info at this forum post.

Take it easy, everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
Greetings fellow Foundry users.

I'd like you all to know that there is a channel now available to all named TheFoundry. It was created to help promote communication among UGC developers regarding tools, asset uses, building strategies, and casual conversation. After all, Foundry can get pretty lonely.

To access it, right click on the border of the chat window. Click on the "Channels" tab and type in "TheFoundry" (no spaces.)

You can also access TheFoundry chat channel through XMPP programs such as Pidgin so you can chat and ask for help while the editor is open. You can find details and info at this forum post.

Take it easy, everyone.
Thanks!

/10chars
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Whatever happened to La Forge, LaForge, UGC, StarbaseUGC and The Foundry (with a space)?

Oh well, the more the merrier.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2011, 10:28 AM
OK, wait, I thought this was a reminder of the "official" Foundry channel that devs chat in, but I see the channel was killed by the devs or something.

So this channel probably won't have dev interaction like the old one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
OK, wait, I thought this was a reminder of the "official" Foundry channel that devs chat in, but I see the channel was killed by the devs or something.
That was an exclusive invite-only channel.

Either that or I got barred from it.

I'm not sure which one I'd rather believe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2011, 11:12 AM
That channel was a remnant from Closed Beta, so typically only closed beta players knew about it. I'm glad you guys have restarted it as an open channel though - I'll try to hang around there as often as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
That was an exclusive invite-only channel.

Either that or I got barred from it.

I'm not sure which one I'd rather believe.
I had turned it off anyway as it was distracting when I was trying to evaluate my episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I had turned it off anyway as it was distracting when I was trying to evaluate my episodes.
Since the Foundry went to Tribble, I can count on one hand te number of times I saw any activity on it (I tink it got to 33 people max); so It's good it's being restarted to be available to the wider playerbase.