Lt. Commander
# 1 Suggestions for making videos
03-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi Cryptic, i just recently bought STO and love it. I even did a mash up video of STO and WoW since i use to do make WoW videos alot but i do have two problems with STO that prevents me from making cool sto vids so i like to suggest two new features that will help me and others to make cool videos for the game.

1. New First Person Shooter camera zoom feature. This will make the filmer's character not show in the scene.
2. Talk animation for when someone says something in /local

Here are afew not so important suggestions but would help out alot of making vids such as fan made episodes.

1. The chat bubbles dont show when a person hits alt F12 to hide the HUD.
2. More emotes such as /e clap

These suggestions would really help me and others who want to make fan made videos in STO.

Thank you for your time and concideration on my suggestions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2011, 11:15 AM
use "demo record" play and film capture the action later with the demo record play function you can have total camera control and you can capture from the view point of an enemy if you wish!
personally i don't know much about the demo record functions but use google there plenty of sites with tons of good samples! you make pro vids in no time :p

hope that helps you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2011, 09:52 PM
thnx but i tryed that already and couldnt even play the video back in the client. plus im the type that just likes to hit record when im ready to film something.

Plus having a FPS cam zoom mode would help alot for making a ToS fan episode with the new tos stuff that just came out.