Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciritai View Post
Is it a Fed fleet or KDF?
We have a division on both sides. We do about the same amount of play on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Fine, I'll put away the TB mines when I pug from now on.
/me sends you a box of chocolate!

(hopefully I'll be able to remove CTBs from the list after a patch or two. when they are fewer in number, and don't turn friendly while holding you, hold you without decloaking or grab cloaked ships)
Lt. Commander
# 12 WoG respect this
03-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
In the game atm, there are some skills/items that are considered broken by most people. I would with this post encourage people not to use those skills/items.

The current OmegaXIII policy is that when running as a team, we try to avoid using the following:
- Scramble Sensors (because of the problems with clearing it)
- Scorpion Fighters (because these serves no other purpose than cluttering your screen)
- Tractor Beam Mines (because they are declared unbalanced, and ruins pvp)

Note: We're not enforcing this policy within the fleet. You may still find O13 members that use them, especially if we're bringing along members that are new to PvP. What we do is encourage all our members not to take advantage of broken skills in PvP.

We realize that we put ourselves at a disadvantage by not using these skills/items, but we feel it is more important to offer our opponents a fair and fun fight, than winning at any cost. I encourage all other premades to do the same.

(As for down right exploits, we do not permit it! Pasted from O13 general orders: "Any violation of Cryptic's Terms of Usage or End User License Agreement will result in immediate discharge from the fleet.")
And we would be happy to fight in clean fight again hit us up in game
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Quote:
If no PvPers use the wtfomgpwn stuff then the PvErs won't cry about it and will claim everything is fine. All you're doing is giving Cryptic excuses to create an unbalanced game. Use what works best, and use it well, and it will eventually get a balance pass. Just don't get upset when Cryptic nerfs you -- instead find the next unbalanced thing until this game becomes more about player skill than setting up your build for easy mode.
I agree that this is a worry... But unfortunately I'll always be a scrub at heart and intentionally gimp myself if I think something is just wrong.

I want the devs to listen to reason and not just whining of irritated PvP players.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-24-2011, 07:17 AM
LaFamilia agrees with you and while for the most part we do not use these skills we will ask out members to refrain but I cannot make a 100% guarantee. I do ask that any premade fleets that if you think everyone will abide I will say I doubt I would recommend challenge matches with rules.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2011, 07:19 AM
I like this idea a lot. You go OmegaXIII!

I dropped the CTB Mines because they're a complete joke. I only run Scramble 2 because I was a butthead and dumped 9 points into Sensor Probes way back when and don't have a respec available But I think I'm going to drop it to help the cause... for the 4 days I'm still here for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
RSV = Ubersauce - And the Comet looks quite nice.
inorite? I switched to an RSV a few days ago, haven't looked back since
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-24-2011, 07:20 AM
As long as it is not a cheat (ex FAW), we will utilize it. We dont spam things like scramble sensors though (1 if that). We prefer pure damage baby.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
As long as it is not a cheat (ex FAW), we will utilize it. We dont spam things like scramble sensors though (1 if that). We prefer pure damage baby.
I flew with you guys the other night, and i like your style. Damage, healing, and minimal spam
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
/me sends you a box of chocolate!

(hopefully I'll be able to remove CTBs from the list after a patch or two. when they are fewer in number, and don't turn friendly while holding you, hold you without decloaking or grab cloaked ships)
No worries. I was using them to fight spam with spam anyways and will not miss them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-24-2011, 09:22 AM
I try very hard not to use Spam.

We only break our spam out when the other teams do.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I try very hard not to use Spam.

We only break our spam out when the other teams do.
And I love you for it!

(Every now and then I get in a match with very little spam and no scramble, and I'm having a great time!!)