Lt. Commander
# 21
03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Salute...

PVP has really taken a hit in the last couple of weeks. Feels like knowbody is around. The last couple of days I have seen fewer and fewer spammers about but they are still around. A member of my fleet is actually running in to the bug that allows multiple items slotted (you know the one), and he is getting owned and logging off.

I am little mousey about the way I play, I have been running a mine build for months, maxed out my mine skills long ago and now when I put my mines on target (never on autofire spammers) I still feel like I am turning people off to the game. I only use the transphasic mine torp and quantums, but still I feel like I am part of the problem.

No word on fixing anything on that list? Solutions Cryptic:

Fighters= 2 at a time, no double wave

CTM= 2 at a time, 4 with dispersal pattern, no self destruct and line them up vertically so players can box in enemies...
SS= Clear Scramble Sensors regardless of level, or make it apply to the team.
Mines= No auto fire
Let us not forget the chroniton spam was reachiing epic proportions prior to the straw breaking the camels back so the solution there is make the proc on mines and torps level with skill points spent.. Just like you did for Tricobalts. (Orginally heard from Roach I think, the guy in the forums that uses that big burly viking looking cat for his Avatar).

In closing I would like to say a few things and ask one: I did not think I would get tired of this game, a sci fi guy and a treker from way back, but the last couple of weeks feels different. ? What do they do with my stuff if I unsubscribe for a few months? If it goes away I will never go thru the trouble of playing again. Lastly I would like to remind all of you that if your mine laying powers are green via autofire than you are part of the problem and are week sauce.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-24-2011, 01:36 PM
I am not using any of this stuff but I have had it being subjected to it. ill save the bucks and buy some booze. The feds can go and tractor mine somebody else now.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
As long as it is not a cheat (ex FAW), we will utilize it. We dont spam things like scramble sensors though (1 if that). We prefer pure damage baby.
Much can be said about QEW, and I might not agree with everything you guys say or do... But Ive never had problems with excessive spam of any kind while fighting you.

I doubt the OP was directed at you, probably meant for all these new "uber" PvPers, hiding behind 8713264187236187 mines and fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I try very hard not to use Spam.

We only break our spam out when the other teams do.
As do we in some cases especially when fleets do it.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-24-2011, 02:39 PM
I went ahead and even named my RSV the USS No Spam.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Guess I'll put my spam in the bank
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Much can be said about QEW, and I might not agree with everything you guys say or do... But Ive never had problems with excessive spam of any kind while fighting you.

Yes. Awesome, amazing and the best are some things that can be said about Qew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
I doubt the OP was directed at you, probably meant for all these new "uber" PvPers, hiding behind 8713264187236187 mines and fighters
We probably would have that many mines and fighters out but we kill everyone too quickly to generate the spam.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-24-2011, 05:04 PM
I wouldn't speak for the rest of WOG but I never really used the SS or mines all that much... and haven't in sometime, I parked my carrier back when it seemed to be the flavour. lol

A couple months ago when FAW was broken and other going ons where driving me a bit crazy... I decided to fly a "cannon" defiant.

I painted my defiant white and blue to make it look as much like Capt. Kicka**s ship, loaded a Photon front and rear one Beam and the rest cannons, all phasers (it hurt shelving my beloved polarons) . Decloaking and letting loose with my Defiant Defiant feels like I'm in a TV episode. lol

I will refrain from playing with any SS / Spam stupidness for the foreseeable future and I hope more join the cause. DOWN with SPAM, Down with Flavour of the month builds.

You will be able to find me in my Cannon Bop, my Defiant Defiant... Can't Promise I won't take the Torpedo boat out for spin now and then though.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Sup all
03-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
I wouldn't speak for the rest of WOG but I never really used the SS or mines all that much... and haven't in sometime, I parked my carrier back when it seemed to be the flavour. lol

A couple months ago when FAW was broken and other going ons where driving me a bit crazy... I decided to fly a "cannon" defiant.

I painted my defiant white and blue to make it look as much like Capt. Kicka**s ship, loaded a Photon front and rear one Beam and the rest cannons, all phasers (it hurt shelving my beloved polarons) . Decloaking and letting loose with my Defiant Defiant feels like I'm in a TV episode. lol

I will refrain from playing with any SS / Spam stupidness for the foreseeable future and I hope more join the cause. DOWN with SPAM, Down with Flavour of the month builds.

You will be able to find me in my Cannon Bop, my Defiant Defiant... Can't Promise I won't take the Torpedo boat out for spin now and then though.
Just hit WoG up in game to get 1v1s 2v2s 3v3......etc it would be an honor to fight with clean players.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-24-2011, 06:18 PM
I just have to say I'm really happy with the reception this thread has recieved! This really shows how STO stands apart from other MMOs.

You have all reinforced my belief in the STO playerbase, thank you!