Lt. Commander
# 11
03-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I think hoods would make sensw for klingons, romulons, vulcans, a few other types but not feds in uniform. Now combat headgear for starfleet security or maco would rock
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2011, 11:46 AM
My solution to this would basically just call for a "smart" improvement or two for the costume creator. Scale certain head values past a certain point and the hood would get removed.

In turn, there would need to be slightly different hoods for each of the basic skull shapes (humanoid, ridged, and lobed).
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Its making fun of the way some people (read: gangsters) say "East Side" or "West Side".
Oh, thanks. I never heard that, since i mostly read english but rarely hear people speak english.

Thank you for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
My solution to this would basically just call for a "smart" improvement or two for the costume creator. Scale certain head values past a certain point and the hood would get removed.

In turn, there would need to be slightly different hoods for each of the basic skull shapes (humanoid, ridged, and lobed).
Don't forget races with Antennae or other more obstructive protrusions like Andorians. Hood wouldn't work so well for them.

But yeah, I'd like a hood for the off-duty robes. I just don't really want to see everyone running around like Assassin's Creed IN SPACE.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
Don't forget races with Antennae or other more obstructive protrusions like Andorians. Hood wouldn't work so well for them.

But yeah, I'd like a hood for the off-duty robes. I just don't really want to see everyone running around like Assassin's Creed IN SPACE.
Easy enough, make it to where in the editor, the antenna / other protrusions, can be removed so that they could be seen as "covered."
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiFan_78 View Post
Easy enough, make it to where in the editor, the antenna / other protrusions, can be removed so that they could be seen as "covered."
Alternatively, the antennae clipping through can easily be interpreted as holes cut into the garment for them.

Would make raising and lowering the hood less convenient, but would make it more comfortable.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-24-2011, 03:52 PM
Yes we need hoods!
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubernaut
Oh, and this is a stretch...but how about a Navy-style ballcap with my ship's name & logo on it? Seriously, I'd like that.
It's a cover, recruit.

j/k :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Maybe as an off-duty uniform piece...but for some reason I'm not really a fan of Starfleet wearing random hoods.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Alternatively, the antennae clipping through can easily be interpreted as holes cut into the garment for them.

Would make raising and lowering the hood less convenient, but would make it more comfortable.
That might work for Andorians, but think of those giant coral crowns in the alien generator. Hood would definitely cause issues there. They have to make sure these work for everyone so it's a bit of a problem.