Lt. Commander
I trying everything i can think off but to the life of e cant seem to set a console on a timer.

Thing i want to do see is give player certain time limit to complete next part of mission beofre the console switched forcefiled back on. Making it hard for the player to proceed without switching the forcefield off again.

is this possible at all?

thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2 Timed actions in the Foundy
04-28-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm also eagerly awaiting this additional functoinality. LIke interact with this object or reach this waypt before times runs out. Would also love to see it applied to dialogs. so captains have to think and react fast before the situation "changes' and new dialog ("situation getting/better/worse") based on choice. For example, "Yay we escaped the nebula before the big bang" or "Oh no, the disease is spreading, we have to innoculate/contain those additional infected people too". Timed actions can used be used qute creativily wherever they're available.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2011, 03:52 AM
no, you cant use timers.

maybe it will get added one day. it would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2011, 05:32 AM
The current work around is to have an enemy group and a friendly group that spawn in a room where they can't be seen, and having the "timer" be based on the enemy group dying. This obviously has some serious limitations. And you need to be SURE the friendly group will win, otherwise the timer fails completely.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2011, 08:29 AM
My best other idea for a timer is, for ground maps, to drop targs to their death as triggers.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Or combine both ideas, put an enemy spawn where 4 actors are set to skydive and die and one member is left alive to be taken out by a friendly spawn.